Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2010, 07:16 PM

Unhappy About some digital connection help me out please!

Hi there everyone! im totally new to digital connections and patchbays etc etc.My problem is,im using pro tools le 8.0.4 on Mac G5 with snow leopard.I had digirack 003+ and i just bought a digidesign Factory 003 which is a control surface for pro tools.My question is how can i connect the Control surface digidesign factory 003 to digidesign digirack 003+? I think it will be optical connection out from the control surface to input optical of digirack and the monitor will be connected through the outputs of the control surface right??? if i wanna connect my instruments and mics can i use the pre amp of digirack 003+ and how? please help me out and please anybody could just explain me about connecting and using a patchbay!!!! im just freaking out!!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:41 PM

Default Re: About some digital connection help me out please!

Don’t freak out — post in the right forum and all will be well.

Welcome to the DUC, thajville.

This is the PT TDM forum. Please note that there is a forum dedicated to ProTools LE and its various hardware options, such as your 003s (scroll down from from the DUC’s main page and you’ll see it). Also, be sure to choose the appropriate one based on whether you are a MAc or PC user. While most of the PT software is the same for both platforms, each has its own set of exclusive compatibility requirements, features, issues and problems. Therefore, most answers to such will vary also—highlighting the wisdom of posting on the appropriate forum.

IHTH — good luck!

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM

While Andre's advice is apropos, I'll go ahead and address your issue before the post gets moved.

You cannot attach both an 003 and an 003+ rack. Only one will work with Pro Tools at a time and neither will work in stand-alone mode as expansion via ADAT.

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 AM

You can't run Snow Leopard on a G5 -- it's Intel only.