Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 PM

Default Converting VST or RTAS Sampler Plugins into Hardware format (Akai, Roland, EMU forma

Using an EMU E6400 or Akai S5000, does anyone know any practical method to convert GIGA Samplebanks into ROLAND,AKAI, EMU formats, givin they hav 512-2Gigs of Ram?

For example, I'd like to Layer Quantum Leap/Eastwest VOICES OF PASSION and STORMDRUM patches into a S5000 or E6400 http://www.eastwestsamples.com/detai...?cd_index=1034 and play it back using similar keyboar triggering functionality. (Im talking about converting GIGASAMPLER like Patches [Like 2G programs] to 64MB-128MB velocity layered programs on S5000 or E6400.

For example, the goal is to play a Female Singer Patch from VOICES of Passion via MIDI, as opposed to recording a Sample Clip (which we currently do)

The following is what I'm currently doing; downsample audio clips (vocal loops) and layering those loops in DRUM patch mode with velocity switching -> compression at 22k samplerate 16Bit.

However I cant for the life of me figure out how to load multi sample data - convert it (via compression) and then convert it to AKAI/ROLAND/EMU format with Layers/Patch Mapping intact, to better replicate the giga samples into the hardware Samplers in up to 64/128MB intervals respectively.

I ask because I'd like to bring my Rack and Two Keyboards to shows with VOP patches intact on a sampler. And trigger them not only with midi (loops), but also play them live with my fingers (Multisample/layered/Velo Switching) which preserving the nuances of the original application (I have no problem manualy editing loopoints/transients/portamento rules form EMU or AKAI sampler, etc) but I seen it done before with a GIGA Piano Set using similar conversion methods described above and it worked awesome, I just want to do the same thing to a vocal collection.

Does anyone know of any tools out there that MAPS that kind of stuff for you, then converts fidility (48khz/24bit -> 16bit 22khz (with dithering)) while preserving velocity switches/layering/loopoints/transients/sample map going to AKAI, ROLAND, or EMU format (essentially from 1GB to 128 MB)?

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

miekoo