Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2001, 01:03 PM

Default Studio Upgrades

I'm in the process of purchasing a new console for our studio. We use a MixPlus system for most of our recording but still use ADATS from time to time. We have thinking about the Sony DMX-R100 digital console and keeping the ADATs in the room, but with the release of the control 24 should we re-think our situation, buy more drives get rid of the ADATs. I like the Control 24 because of the mic pre's although I do have several external units.

Let me know what you think!!
Old 01-24-2001, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Studio Upgrades

Just recently I had been looking at getting myself set up with more equipment and after talking to various pros etc they said dont bother with a digital mixer and when you think about it with protools capabilites(automation and otherwise) you dont really need the digital mixer. This control|24 sounds awsome I think one of them with protools and all your other outboard/pres would be good.

As far as your adats are concerned if you dont really use them get rid of them and perhaps by one or two more drives or some more dsp horsepower or whatever you please...

just my 2 cents
trevorM