Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2023, 01:22 AM

Default “technical alerts”

I’m subscribed to “technical alerts” on this forum for, well, you know, technical updates.

This : https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=425847

is NOT a technical update. It’s an advert.

Admins/mods: Can we please stick to using the technical alerts for, well, you know, technical updates.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:21 AM

Default Re: “technical alerts”

Yes. And what a bizzare thing that was to announce. One year of Pro Tools Artist being bundled in a cheap low end interface, from a low-end brand/supplier. And the interface also bundles BitWig 8 Track and Steinberg WaveLab LE... both "free" perpetual licenses. Why do this bundle at all? Just to position yourselves amongst lots of other free software, on low-end/weak brand hardware? Oh Avid marketing what are you thinking?
Old 09-14-2023, 07:01 AM

Does sound look like that was from Avid at all- fake heading and originated in Philippines....
Mac 16 Core 7,1 -Os 10.15.7 - 96 gb Ram - Pro Tools 2022.6 Ultimate in 5 suites - MTRX Studio -S6 26-5-D - Sync HD - Video Satelite (Symphony 2022.5, AJA Kona 3g) Pro Protools 2022.6 Vanilla in 21 x Recording and Edit suites. Mac 6,1 Mac Mini, Mac Mini M1, Mac Studio Pro, Mac Studio Max
Mediacomposer 2021.12 on AJA Kona 3g / XT I/O x 3 suites. Multiple Avid S1, S3 & Docks
Old 09-14-2023, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefB View Post
Does sound look like that was from Avid at all- fake heading and originated in Philippines....
No, as fake/weird as the announcement seemed it was posted by an Avid support employee who is often on DUC. Avid support is largely based in the Philippines. I suspect the employee likely just had been asked/told to post this, not responsible for the content.
Old 09-21-2023, 12:38 AM

I see I’ve been completely ignored, cheers for that. Another ad masquerading as a “technical update” just popped into my inbox. No point subscribing to this feed anymore if it doesn’t do what it should do.

Not only that, but to add further insult to injury they appear to be ads for the cheapest, cràppiest boxes you can ever imagine using. I wouldn’t let my dog near it, let alone an actual musician.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:08 AM

A tech alert to Avids future…
I hope not.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:28 AM
Avid

DetroitT, midnightrambler and Darryl Ramm....

Charles who is new to Community posting made a mistake in the location of the partnership with ESI and that has been rectified.

Charles is our licensing and entitlement guru so I want him to be up on the duc assisting if he can. Dont run him off peeps. If you see something you dont THINK is right, email me or Tope at:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks in advance for your cooperation as we all navigate the duc world without Jeffro

Marianna

[email protected]
cell +1 (813) 493-6800
AOL IM avidmarianna
Twitter Avidmarianna

We're Avid. Learn more at www.avid.com
Old 09-21-2023, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
DetroitT, midnightrambler and Darryl Ramm....

Charles who is new to Community posting made a mistake in the location of the partnership with ESI and that has been rectified.

Charles is our licensing and entitlement guru so I want him to be up on the duc assisting if he can. Dont run him off peeps. If you see something you dont THINK is right, email me or Tope at:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Thanks in advance for your cooperation as we all navigate the duc world without Jeffro

Marianna
Ok thanks Marianna and thanks for responding.
Old 09-22-2023, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianna View Post
<snipperoo>

Marianna
What happened to Jeffro???
Old 09-23-2023, 12:35 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
I’m subscribed to “technical alerts” on this forum for, well, you know, technical updates.

This : https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=425847

is NOT a technical update. It’s an advert.

Admins/mods: Can we please stick to using the technical alerts for, well, you know, technical updates.
This thread and a related thread were relocated to the correct forum a few days ago.