Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2010, 04:22 PM

Default Can latest Logic still use any of my 192 inputs?

I must confess to not doing a ton of research on this yet. I know Pro Tools and Logic 9 have broken ways in terms of some things (using some parts of HD inside of Logic in terms of hardware, plugins etc). What I simply wanted to know was if it was still possible to use my 192 IO (at least the first 8 channels of input) to pipe some mics into Logic 9. Or does it require an entirely new interface?

brian
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Can latest Logic still use any of my 192 inputs?

It can use 8 I/O using the Core Audio driver.

Which frankly is pathetic, but in your case enough, and definitely better than nothing.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 PM

Correct, but is there any way to have zero latency monitoring without using external mixer? It is not acceptable to monitor with 128 samples or even with 64. Lower I can´t go.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:25 AM

All I need is to be able to pipe in a vocal mic or two for rap sessions and record in logic. There's so many remixes involved with many of my rap clients (one song = showmix, cutting out a verse depending on mix tape, clean mixes, long club mixes, sound fx mix, etc) that I REALLY need non-realtime bouncing. Most rap sessions for me are like 4-16 vocal tracks with a stereo music track. Depending on the version, I hit mute on a channel. Nothing super fancy. But if they need 4 versions of a 5 minute song, thats 20 minutes. If they have 8 songs....

I hate editing in Logic, but the bounce factor is huge. If I have like 30-40 songs to bounce in a week, in addition to my normal session load, I just cannot get done inside pro tools. I guess I could try to OMF (is that what its called?) but that's an extra expense and no guarantees it'll work right.
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.