Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 PM

Default Pro Tools 8 Upgrade - Pops and clicks when opening 96k sessions

I just upgraded to Pro Tools 8 LE from 7.4 today. I also simultaneously upgraded to Leopard 10.5.6 from the last version of Tiger. This morning I was working on sessions I recorded in 96k just fine. Now that I have upgraded I get tons of pops and clicks on all the audio even when I remove almost all the plugins. The sessions done in 44 and 48 from a year ago play fine without clicks.

Running MAC PRO TOWER 3.0 QUAD Duo Core

Anyone have a problem like this or any solution?
Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 Upgrade - Pops and clicks when opening 96k sessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstead View Post
I just upgraded to Pro Tools 8 LE from 7.4 today. I also simultaneously upgraded to Leopard 10.5.6 from the last version of Tiger. This morning I was working on sessions I recorded in 96k just fine. Now that I have upgraded I get tons of pops and clicks on all the audio even when I remove almost all the plugins. The sessions done in 44 and 48 from a year ago play fine without clicks.

How many tracks in your session? How many drives are you splitting the tracks between?

Keep in mind there's a bit more overhead with Leopard and Pro Tools 8, so sessions that may have played fine before, but been borderline, may now have crossed the line for drive throughput.

Also, make sure that ALL installed plug-ins are compatible and the most recent version. Even plug-ins that aren't used in the session can have an effect on Pro Tools.

Pro Tools Plug-in Compatibility Info
Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windstead View Post

You have probably already checked but make sure your clock source is set to the right resolution. Not sure if it would even open the session without a notification about the clock but in the past when I have had those strange clicks it was a clock not being set right.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:52 AM

I have been experiencing the same thing regardless if its 96k or anything less.

Tried contacting Digi support and they have responded but nothing they have suggested has worked so far. Getting really frustrated.