Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2015, 12:14 PM

Default Pro Tools 11.3 + Kontakt 5 bug... video proof

http://youtu.be/ElAikHEeI5w

Hi gang,

Above is a quick video I did documenting a problem I've been having with Pro Tools 11 for the past month or so. Here are the specs:

- late 2014 Mac Mini w/ 16gb RAM & 3GHz i7
- OSX 10.10.2
- Kontakt 5.4.3

The Mac Mini was completely wiped & reinstalled a mere handful of hours prior to shooting this video. All I've installed on the computer is PT (with the AIR plugin pack), Logic & Komplete 9 Ultimate. No other plugins are even installed on this computer, so it's not a plugin-on-plugin conflict. The session is 44.1k, 16bit.

Does ANYBODY have any idea what I'm doing wrong?!?!?!
Old 01-29-2015, 05:51 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11.3 + Kontakt 5 bug... video proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_safehaven View Post
http://youtu.be/ElAikHEeI5w

Hi gang,

Above is a quick video I did documenting a problem I've been having with Pro Tools 11 for the past month or so. Here are the specs:

- late 2014 Mac Mini w/ 16gb RAM & 3GHz i7
- OSX 10.10.2
- Kontakt 5.4.3

The Mac Mini was completely wiped & reinstalled a mere handful of hours prior to shooting this video. All I've installed on the computer is PT (with the AIR plugin pack), Logic & Komplete 9 Ultimate. No other plugins are even installed on this computer, so it's not a plugin-on-plugin conflict. The session is 44.1k, 16bit.

Does ANYBODY have any idea what I'm doing wrong?!?!?!
Yes. As I wrote in your other thread so-called hardware dependent NI plugins (even though you don't have the relevant hardware like a kontroller) like Guitar Rig 5, Komplete Kontrol, etc. cause issues with PT11 and Yosemite. It's a known issue that supposedly NI and Avid are working on. There was an email sent out by NI back in October of last year mentioning this.

QAPLA!
Old 01-29-2015, 06:39 AM

Have you tried a Mavericks install yet? I have held off on updating to Yosemite and probably will for a long time, if I ever even do. From what I've seen Yosemite has been problematic for tons of PT users and tons of Mac users in general.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Zull View Post
Have you tried a Mavericks install yet? I have held off on updating to Yosemite and probably will for a long time, if I ever even do. From what I've seen Yosemite has been problematic for tons of PT users and tons of Mac users in general.
Are you asking me or the op?

I have three partitions on my system drive - one for OSX 10.8.5 (ML), OSX 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and one for OSX 10.10.1 (Yosemite). Mavericks once I figured out the differences between it and ML and did the proper optimizations has been working just fine. No problems with PT10.3.9 or PT11.3.0

Yosemite on the other hand has been a nightmare. First is the problem with certain NI stuff as outlined (and known by both NI & Avid). Second is general instability with PT11.3.0 and Yosemite. PT sessions in Yosemite have a significantly higher cpu usage as shown in PT's cpu metering. For example I have one PT11 session that in ML or Mavericks that idles at 14% +/- and maxes out at 20% +/-. That same session in Yosemite idles at 40+% and maxes out at 97-98% and stops PT dead without the PT cpu metering going red. This is a mixed audio and Instrument tracks session. All audio sessions don't make PT quit but cpu usage still way higher than in ML or Mavericks.

QAPLA!