Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Storage Subsystems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2000, 01:36 PM

Default Dear Digi-Atto VHD connector Junk? please respond

Anyone having problems with this flimsy connection on their card?
I just got a replacement UL2S from Atto thinking that was the problem but am having a horrible time with the external chain. I know that the single channel card is not on your list but has been flawless for us with the exception of the crappy connector.

Using a Granite digital VHD68-50hd to a Belkin HQ50-50hd to a SyJet and Yamaha 400.
I have to wiggle the connector on the back and eventually get it to show up on scsi chain. In fact sometimes if I move it a certain way the internal Atlas will not mount on rebooting (sounds like a short?) Have run through every scenario possible and nothing is reliable. I e-mailed ken at Granite hoping the adaptor is bad and trying to get a replacement.

Digi- Even though the Adaptec nor Miles are not on your blessed list will one of those cards work on a G4? This is not mission critacle stuff. A freeze now and then is acceptable i'll reboot.
All I'm doing is audio no Video with a Mix setup on an 888/16. I really need a cheap reliable choice. I have a SyJet and Yamaha on a Mile U2W card on my 7300 at home and they show up with no problems and don't interfere with the internal Atlas or Viking drive. It has a solid 68hd external connection.
Now I have no other hardware just using the Powermix setup.

I have wasted so much time the last few weeks on this issue,I just hate that connector on the Atto.
I'm ready to bring my Miles card in from home and give it a whirl. opinions?

Thanks
Bill

[This message has been edited by MacDaddy WGAR (edited July 14, 2000).]
Cleveland, OH