Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2007, 06:32 AM

Default Re: MP 7.4 crashes during launch after \"Setting up MIDI\"

I've just installed the 7.4cs1.
Same thing...

Ahh - well, now I have to wait for the next cs - hopefully they will fix it there...

H.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:24 PM

Hallo

Same here.I've just installed PT4M-poweredCS1 on Windows XP Pro Swedish SP2 with all updates installed and it crashes when it comes to Setting up MIDI. I think we need an answer from DIGIDESIGN about when we can expekt to recieve an solution. I have change to english as well without any result. PT3M-poweredCS5 worked well before this installation. there must be something wrong with

Please Digidesign give an answer. This is not a proper way to handle your customers.

regards

Eddie
Old 12-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Avid

Quote:
Hallo

Same here.I've just installed PT4M-poweredCS1 on Windows XP Pro Swedish SP2 with all updates installed and it crashes when it comes to Setting up MIDI. I think we need an answer from DIGIDESIGN about when we can expekt to recieve an solution. I have change to english as well without any result. PT3M-poweredCS5 worked well before this installation. there must be something wrong with

Please Digidesign give an answer. This is not a proper way to handle your customers.

regards

Eddie
I am unable to give a specific date about when this will be fixed for various reasons. The first being that, usually, several fixes are implemented into any particular update. The release date of the update is dependent on how long those fixes will take as well as the brief testing to verify the fix.

Generally speaking - and this is in no way meant to be any kind of projection - updates are spaced about 30 days apart. That can vary quite a bit.

Given that - do you have any non-ascii characters in the owner or administrators names on your computer? If so, we've found that most instances of this issue can be resolved by changing them, or creating new ones, that do not contain non-ascii characters.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Avid

If anyone is able to send us a crash log from this issue, we would greatly appreciate it.

You can send it to transfer [at] digidesign [dot] com
Old 12-04-2007, 11:48 PM

Problems solved.

Thank you for a quick answer.

I solve the problem by creating a new administrator user and named it Protools insted of Administrator.
It is still an administrator account.
I kept the old one but logged in to the new one.
Before this, I changed all languages settings to English including the one down in the right corner on the windows screen toolbar.
Then I trashed the MIDI library and restarted Protools and then Poff, and everything works. I just had to approve my old plug ins.

It seems that I had to do all of above. I tested it on my laptop in a different order but it want work until all changes are made.

my keyboard still works with åäö characters

Hope that this could be of use for someone

Regards
Eddie
Old 12-05-2007, 03:08 AM

...and YES, your feeling about me being angry is absolutely correct...

Cause you are right being angry to Digidesign. I'm also as much angry as you are. I've bought it for 40€ and still I couldn't start it up. I hope I will see 7.4's new features before a new upgrade exists, for example PT LE 7.5. But I AM NOT GOING TO BUY PT LE 7.5 THIS TIME before reading forums. If I read a lot of troubles in terms of PT LE 7.5, as much written as for PT LE 7.4, then bye to PT LE. This the only solution.

Have a sunny day...

Ogun

and take a look at this link, you are not alone
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...226310#1225067
Old 12-13-2007, 01:30 AM

I tried every advice here, none works. My account name is Ivo, i've tried all the regional settings changes, still nothing.
I'm tired of installing/reinstalling 7.4 and 7.3. I thank everyone for help, duc is really great but i think now it's time for Digidesign to say: OK, sorry this was wrong, here's cs update, install it and it will work.
I'm not a beta tester, let the professionals work on it (fast!!!).
Old 12-13-2007, 02:13 PM

I tried also everything like you have done. I've repeated installing/uninstalling at least 10 times. But STILL I AM SAD and ANGRY! They call us as "minority". We encountered a MAJOR PROBLEM as MINORITY users. This is completely Digidesign's fault! But if we are called as Minority, our problem may also come "minor" for them. So, I'm afraid, we are going to wait till 2009. Or I will be looking for customers that want to buy "USED DIGIDESIGN HARDWARE" from eBay.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:39 PM

As support says, if you can post a crash log it will help us help you. Every setup is different.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:00 AM

WHY DO U WANT FROM US CRASH LOG FILE???

We, and of course U, understood that this error is just because of non-English OS version.

SO...

*** JUST INSTALL A COMPUTER NON-ENGLISH OS version, for example, Swedish, Danish, Czech or Turkish.
*** Just give a username that does include non ASCII characters.
*** AND SEE THE RESULT!!!

WHY ARE U WAITING???