Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2003, 11:11 AM

Default OT - "The days are over for a pure recording studio," says founder of Digidesign

Found this link on another newsgroup...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...6/DD265157.DTL

Interesting...

Sparky
Old 05-07-2003, 06:34 PM

Default Re: OT - "The days are over for a pure recording studio," says founder of Digidesign

The only flaw in the article is that they state that Pro Tools has unlimited tracks. Everything else... interesting indeed.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:41 PM

Default Re: OT - "The days are over for a pure recording studio," says founder of Digidesign

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparky1:
Found this link on another newsgroup...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...6/DD265157.DTL

Interesting...

Sparky
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I heard someone from Yamaha make a similar doom and gloom comment about acoustic instruments back in the 80's. For awhile there it looked possible too, until Poison came out with "Every Rose...".

My bet is like everything else...this too shall pass.

----
Dusk Bennett
Stigmata Recorders
Los Angeles, Ca
www.stigmatarecorders.com
Los Angeles Ca
"Award Winning Work, Every time..."
www.duskbennett.com
Old 05-07-2003, 10:23 PM

Evolve or die. Obviously, if the big studios can't provide much more than what I can do in my apartment, I'm not going to spend the money to use a pro studio. Now if I want to really take advantage of that room, and take advantage of all those mics, and the experience of the engineers, then yeah...it's worth it. The industry is changing, we have 3 choices...be the ones changing it, change with it, or get left behind.

-Chris
Pro Tools LE 7.4
Event 20/20bas
bottle of Johnnie Walker Black behind right monitor
Old 05-08-2003, 12:09 AM

isn't technology wonderful! I agree the only advantage is the expertise, but hey we can all learn from trial & error and these really cool things called "BOOKS"!
Old 05-08-2003, 10:21 AM

Wow, I never looked at "Every Rose..." as the savior of the acoustic instrument...

-Duardo
Old 05-08-2003, 03:47 PM

"For awhile there it looked possible too, until Poison came out with "Every Rose..."."

I wouldn't necessarily say that was a good think.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Obviously, if the big studios can't provide much more than what I can do in my apartment
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wow! Can you do the latest Peter Gabriel in your appartment? How about a Hollywood soundtrack with full orchestra??? Man , you're really are gonna be rich soon!!! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Obviously, if the big studios can't provide much more than what I can do in my apartment
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wow! Can you do the latest Peter Gabriel in your appartment? How about a Hollywood soundtrack with full orchestra??? Man , you really are gonna be rich soon!!! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fenris:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Obviously, if the big studios can't provide much more than what I can do in my apartment
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wow! Can you do the latest Peter Gabriel in your appartment? How about a Hollywood soundtrack with full orchestra??? Man , you really are gonna be rich soon!!! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] <hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i think he was referring to what HE does, not peter gabriel or mr. hollywood soundtrack do...

anyway, lots of guys with bands go to a "real" studio to lay down basic tracks, then bring the sessions home to do vocals, overdubs and mixing in their "un-real" studio. you gotta love this digital revolution! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]