System info:

iMac late 2015 - i7 32GB RAM
MacOS Mojave 10.14.5

Pro Tools 2019.6.0.370
EUCON Workstation Unified Install Mac 19.5.1
PT Control (latest version)
iPad Pro (3rd gen) 12.9"
iOS 12.3

So I download the EUCON software form my Avid account, run the installer and restart the computer.

The issue: The software simply never gets installed and it does not exist anywhere on my hard drive after the installation...

Troubleshooting steps I've already taken:
  • Deleted then re-downloaded and run the EUCON Workstation installer multiple times.
  • Ran the ECON uninstaller multiple times and then tried to reinstall.
  • Deleted all EUCON preference files, emptied trash and restarted Mac.
  • Removed an old copy of the EUCON Preference Pane item from the system folder that was greyed out.
I have run this software successfully in conjunction with PT Control on my Mac many times in the past for work projects. The issue I ran into recently was that I suddenly received an error on my Mac upon launching PT Control on a new iPad Pro. The error pop-up on my Mac stated that the software versions are not compatible and that I should log-in to my Avid account and download the latest version. Thats what prompted me to download the latest versions of ECON Workstation in the first place. PT Control on my iPad Pro is also the latest version as well as the iOS. But I deleted it and re-downloaded and installed it again anyway as a troubleshooting step. So both my Mac, and my iPad pro, are definitely running the latest versions of the software.

This is becoming very frustrating as all I'm trying to do is a simple standard installation of software on my system. I've been using PT regularly for 20 years, Macs for 30 years and I work for Apple. Probably not user error - but you never know...

Can anyone shed any light regarding this issue? Much appreciated!
Old 07-07-2019, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Unable to install EUCON Workstation (unified) on 2015 iMac

Possibly redownload the Eucontrol installer. Might have pulled down a partial installer.
Also double check when doing the install the the top option (for S3, etc) is checked.