Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2016, 11:31 AM

Default Suggestion

May i suggest a litte tweek to the user profile & search for the collaboration.
How about us having a place in our user preferences to list the sort of music we record/work on. Then if the add user search could look for like minded artists or musicians recording (or not) this type of genre. It could also be useful for someone who wants rock guitar on a track but has no idea of how to contact someone who plays it as they normally compose dance tracks.
Just a thought
Pro Tools 12.7, iMac 21.5" 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16gb. Saffire 14 Pro, Rokkit 6 monitors, Steven Slate Drums 4, Addictive Keys, Peavey Revalver 4, Waves plugins, ESP & Ibanez guitars & bass, M Audio controller

Last edited by Neurosis; 06-12-2016 at 11:33 AM. Reason: miss spelling
Old 06-13-2016, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Suggestion

Nice idea. Make sure you post it on Pro Tools IdeaScale

System Details
Old 06-18-2016, 12:02 AM

I like your idea, Neurosis. I was curious about Cloud Collaboration too, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in it so far. This could be a good opportunity for us musicians, but we need to be easily able to find other like-minded musicians, arrangers, film and video composers, etc..

I play bass guitar, for example, so a composer scoring for film, or an artist who is looking for a bass line with a certain feel, should be able to type in search parameters like "bass guitar rock jazz bossa" and pull up a list of bass guitarists who are proficient in rock, jazz, and bossa nova genres. Or pull up a list of musicians who need a bass player with those capabilities. shou

We should be able to pull up a list of active projects which need our particular instrument, and query the project "manager" to start a chat about the possibility of our collaboration.

In short, Cloud Collaboration seems like it needs a Craig's List kind of search-and-browse capability to put us in touch with other musicians and composers who need our services.

--Doug

Last edited by Doug Brunelle; 06-18-2016 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-18-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Brunelle View Post
I like your idea, Neurosis. I was curious about Cloud Collaboration too, but there doesn't seem to be much interest in it so far. This could be a good opportunity for us musicians, but we need to be easily able to find other like-minded musicians, arrangers, film and video composers, etc..

I play bass guitar, for example, so a composer scoring for film, or an artist who is looking for a bass line with a certain feel, should be able to type in search parameters like "bass guitar rock jazz bossa" and pull up a list of bass guitarists who are proficient in rock, jazz, and bossa nova genres. Or pull up a list of musicians who need a bass player with those capabilities. shou

We should be able to pull up a list of active projects which need our particular instrument, and query the project "manager" to start a chat about the possibility of our collaboration.

In short, Cloud Collaboration seems like it needs a Craig's List kind of search-and-browse capability to put us in touch with other musicians and composers who need our services.

--Doug
I've mentioned this in another Cloud related post, but I think it's just going to take time to both build out PT cloud collab, and get users on the platform. In the meantime, you should check out a site like Kompoz, which is dedicated to finding outer artists for collaboration and see if you can find some PT 12.5 users. I think it's a lot nicer to all work in PT then record something, upload it, download the new track, record, upload, on and on....

System Details