Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2012, 01:13 PM

Question 44.1 Vs 48 different situation

I have done a bunch of reading on the 44.1 vs 48 situation but some of the posts/forums and the break down parts I don't or didn't really understand the way the random poster was posting

But for me my situation seems different also

So my question is should my sessions be 24/44.1 or 24/48 I produce using Pro Tools & I send the beats/songs out via internet but I am wondering what my sessions should be set up to so when I bounce down and send out the beat to the artist they will not have issues and the files will be HQ 24 bit Wavs

Another reason I ask is because I was having problems with VI's performance and was told a 24/44.1 session would be lighter on PC and would allow more VI's and that there was no noticeable difference in the quality between 44 and 48 is this true by any means?

I apologize for my noobness and thank you for any and all feedback

and for anyone who asks anything bout 32bit I am still using Pro Tools 8 LE I plan on upgrading soon just don't know how to set up a student account for the student discount
Old 08-12-2012, 12:44 AM

Default Re: 44.1 Vs 48 different situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzlemayne View Post
So my question is should my sessions be 24/44.1 or 24/48 I produce using Pro Tools & I send the beats/songs out via internet but I am wondering what my sessions should be set up to so when I bounce down and send out the beat to the artist they will not have issues and the files will be HQ 24 bit Wavs
It depends on what the end medium is and what your clients want.
It also depends if you can hear any improvement or not.
With audio I can hear an improvement on my system so personally i record at the highest resolution my computer can handle without issues, wich for me is 96khz 24 bit.

Quote:
Another reason I ask is because I was having problems with VI's performance and was told a 24/44.1 session would be lighter on PC and would allow more VI's and that there was no noticeable difference in the quality between 44 and 48 is this true by any means?
I dont think there is much performance difference between 44 and 48 khz unless you have a really weak computer.
I have not heard any noticable difference in VI quality at different sampling rates in my sessions.
But with recording audio I do.

Quote:
and for anyone who asks anything bout 32bit I am still using Pro Tools 8 LE I plan on upgrading soon just don't know how to set up a student account for the student discount
If you can afford it and your system supports it i would highly reccomend upgrading to Pro Tools 10. It has been the most stable version to date for me.