Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 11:16 AM

Default Re: ROCKSTAR chosen !

Quote:
It's ok. We'll let you slide this time.
Well geez...you've saved my day bro !
OK, let this INXS thing alone for now..All you fools out there fasten your seats..Hockey season it's about to begin, and the True North will come on heavy and mercilessly in the bone crunching defeat of the Proud South !
YO...

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-24-2005, 08:02 AM

Actually, JD was the best fit for INXS. The girl was probably 2nd choice for fit. Mig was too stiff and Marty was a decade ahead of them in style. For some reason I never saw Ty perform except for his last INXS song (new sensation?) and it was good. I think he scared them.
My opinion on the whole shebang is that INXS is a bunch of wankers. I kept thinking "The sunglasses thing doesn't work for you twerps" and "What the hell with that little 'stache!" I feel sorry for Dave Navarro for having to sit with them that long. Dave and Marty should definitely hook up.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:44 AM

Robert,
You do have great sense re; choosing the right singer..
BTW..what is "stache" ..?
cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-24-2005, 09:25 PM

Shorthand for mustache. I agree that J.D. is the best fit for INXS, but that doesn't make him not a smirky butt kisser. I predict that INXS will do one album w/him and either they'll kick him out or he'll think he'd do better solo. Just a feeling I get from him. He's not a bad singer, but his attitude sucks. Hmmm. A singer w/a bad attitude. Not enough fingers and toes to count those, huh?
Old 09-25-2005, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Hmmm. A singer w/a bad attitude. Not enough fingers and toes to count those, huh?
... You've said it.
Now, how about the millions & millions of guitar pickers out there ? These guys didn't go to cool school, that's for sure.. We are talking major attitude issues there
cheers,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 09-25-2005, 01:14 PM

My experience has shown me this:

> Lead singers = attitude, drama, and sometimes they throw a fit like a toddler

> Guitarists = cocky, but that doesn't matter if they can play - then you call it confidence

> Bassists = laid back, yet they have their own little secret opinion about everything (and the bass is never loud enough in the mix)

> Drummers = about as bad as the lead singers - possibly a little more b/c they don't get as much attention (and the drums are never loud enough in the mix)

rockrev
Old 09-25-2005, 01:22 PM

he he he ..
I was going to reply to this, but better keep my mouth shot
cheers,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring