Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2003, 02:25 PM

Default OT listen to my demo ...

hello, my name is tantejo from holland.
with some friends i play occasionally in a band, although we prefer te hang around the bar. we have 1 song after 1 year, but i managed to arrange a record deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this song will be released on a sub label in holland. i think this is the best song in the world, but please let me know what you think.
i recorded the song in the rehearsel room,direct to mini disk with one mic ! ( a sennheiser E645), 1 guitar via a pod, 1 guitar via a V-amp and the synth
(roland xp-10) direct in our major console (behringer 602). the vocal samples are added later. this is the demo for the single on the cd.
you can find this MP3 on our website:
www.popesfromhell.com and go to music.there are 2 links, but you should take the 2nd.
greetings and thanks, tantejo.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:33 PM

Default Re: OT listen to my demo ...

I listened to Fairytale, sounds good, but if you say you recorded that with one mic, then it is a fairytale.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:49 PM

sometimes fairy tales are true !!!!
i can send you the original PT files if you don't believe me.
i put this song on the web because i'm a bit proud of it, because i recorded it with 1 mic in a rehearsel room ! if you take that in consideration it sounds very nice.
greetings, tantejo.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:06 PM

You arranged a record deal and you have only one song in one year, and you tend to just hang around the pub?

I don't buy that, man.

If it's for real, then I salute your negotiation skills.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:18 PM

hello, it was easy because i own a record studio. i talked to the manager of a record label, who has his own band, and i offered him a good price for recording his band.
he heard our demosong and was impressed, so he asked us if we would do the song for a best of compilation album and after that a full album. of course i didn't tell him we had just 1 song ! i guess we will skip the bar part the next few months.
greetings, tantejo.
btw i had a mobile recording studio for 4 years, with which i recorded bands 'on spot'. in the rehearsel room and live. this gave me great advantage when recording our song.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:34 AM

I can tell you recorded this with one mic but BIG DEAL! That shouldn't be your claim to fame.

Also, it really annoys people when musicians pretend to be BIG TIME just by having a website with a couple JAM SESSIONS and a bunch of pictures of their friends.

Please inform us when you actually have some SONGS that you MIX and RECORDED with PRO TOOLS! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2003, 09:52 AM

OK i bit and took a listen. this is not, NOT my style of music at all. If you are going for a bar sound (meaning to or not) you got it. this kind of stuff hopefully is big in europe. though i have not seen a big scene for goth in... well i have not seen a scene for it.

good luck with using Pro Tools and i hope you don't bet the farm on one project. If you do you are already in trouble.

2 cents,
ken;
Old 03-04-2003, 01:04 PM

Gee Whiz,

YOu guys are being a bit harsh, no?