Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2001, 11:39 PM

Default Changing Grid Note value on 15\" Monitor...

On my 15" monitor, the Grid Note display button is barely out of reach(to the right).
I've tried "slimming" the screen, and it still isn't accessible. Other than buying a bigger monitor,is there any "back door" way to change the Grid Note value that I'm not aware of? Thanks, Roy
Old 05-20-2001, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Changing Grid Note value on 15\" Monitor...

You must increase your screen resolution to at least 1024 X 768. It doesn't work at 800 X 600 or less.

Mike
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs
Old 05-20-2001, 08:50 AM

Does that suck or what?

2+2=5
Old 05-20-2001, 09:35 AM

He's cheating himself by running on such a small monitor anyway. A 17" is the absolute smallest I would recommend and 19" or even 21" is better. A 15" LCD panel is marginally acceptable, but those have no problem running at 1024x768.

Regards,

merwin
Synthtank Studio
http://www.Synthtank.com
Old 05-20-2001, 08:57 PM

Quikdraw,
Thank you so much, my friend. Problem solved. Even the guys at Digidesign didn't know that(at least the one I spoke to).It had been "locked" on a quarter note prior to this. Thanks again, Roy

merwin,
You're right, and I'm very aware of it.
I'm thinking about a 19" very soon.But, I think that I need a bigger Hard Drive first, because I've been having Memory problems.My C Drive only has about 15G (D Drive only about 3G), and both stay close to full.
If either of you has the time, please answer one more thing for me.
I just finished a session that took 1G of memory, and I would like to save it on CDR to free up some memory (until I get a new 30G or 60G Hard Drive). But, only one CDR won't hold 1G of memory.
My question is this. How do I split up a session to save to more than one CDR?
Or is there a better way?
Thank you both for your time,
Roy
Old 05-20-2001, 09:59 PM

Roy, glad to be of help to you. Here's how I back up to CD-R:

I use Adaptec EZ CD Creator Ver. 4 (retail). It would also work the same for the OEM version that comes with many CD-RW drives.

I set up to create a new Data CD. Then I drag the PT session folder into the new Data CD layout. There is a ruler at the bottom of the EZ CD layout window that shows how much data is in the layout. If it's over 650MB, I start removing files from the "Audio" folder in the layout until it's small enough to burn. Then I create a second CD layout and copy just the audio files that were not included on the first CD.

When I remove Audio files from the layout, I remove them in reverse alpha-numeric order. In other words, I always remove the file at the bottom of the list in CD Creator. That makes it easy to keep track of which files are where. I just keep track of how many audio files were NOT copied to the first CD-R, and that's how many I have to put on the second CD-R to be sure I've gotten them all.

Maybe someone's got a better method, but that works for me. I can't think of a better way to do it without buying dedicated back-up software.

Mike
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs
Old 05-20-2001, 11:43 PM

Mike,
Thank you so much, my friend. I do have Adaptec CD Creator, and I think I've got it now. I really do appreciate it.
Roy
Old 05-21-2001, 12:32 AM

There's another way that's more efficient as far as space, but I think your way would be better just because of ease of use. WinRAR will let you take a folder and zip it up, but determine how large the archive will be. If your files are larger than the specified size, it will create more archives until all the files are complete. Basically, you can tell it to create you a bunch of 650mb archives and then burn them to CDR. It's slow though. One thing - if you ever have a single file that's too big to back up, WinRAR will actually split a single file up - VERY useful for video stuff.

All the best!