Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Another feature request

Finding myself constantly switching Name in region on and off I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you could select some tracks to show names and others not? eg. Dialogue and actuality not showing names so you could still see the waveforms and FX and atmos showing them so you could at a glance see what you have coming up!

Tom
Old 10-25-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Another feature request

Quote:
Finding myself constantly switching Name in region on and off I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you could select some tracks to show names and others not? eg. Dialogue and actuality not showing names so you could still see the waveforms and FX and atmos showing them so you could at a glance see what you have coming up!

Tom
I for one would sure like a hotkey that could toggle names on / names off. That would be really useful too.

S.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Tom
I for one would sure like a hotkey that could toggle names on / names off. That would be really useful too.

S.
Just make your own hotkey with the system´s keyboard prefs. I use it all the time.

frank.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 AM

yes yes yes - the global names 'toggle' key has been on my list for years(and since its a fixed menu item, you can actually create your own using key commands in the OS, or quickeys, i think). but the first poster's suggestion is even better. how about this: a way to turn a region's 'name' visibility on and off, similar to the way muting works per region with command+m. command+n is already taken - how about option+n?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 AM

Slightly OT, but here are some additional information I'd like to see on screen (preferably user selectable).

You should still be able to faintly see names in automation views, and you should see volume automation slightly in waveform view.

Also I'd like some 5.1 multiple pan view. All parameters L-R, F-B, C%, Div, etc., all together. They don't necessarily all need to be editable at the same time, just viewable.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:19 PM

And some more...
1.The state of "timeline insertion follows playback" should be displayed in edit window.
2.The state of "automation follows edit" should be switched with a hotkey and explicitly displayed in edit window-this is very important for me!
3.Playback scrolling options should be selectable with hotkeys or at least some onscreen buttons (there is a free grey area in the top right for lots of buttons).
4.EQIII and DynamicsIII should have a mode to display only the curve overview and not the drawings of all knobs and buttons (I have enough of hardware knobs on ICON).
5.I would prefer to have mute buttons for sends work in the opposite way to their present behavior: To have the button lit when a send is ON and unlit when a send is OFF(muted), that way would correspond to what we have on big consoles like SSL or NEVE.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2555539/
Old 10-26-2007, 04:24 PM

GREAT idea..I second that.

MacPro 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core "WoodCrest"
Mac OSX 10.5.8 / 4 Gig Ram
ProTools 8.0.4
Digidesign/Magma PE6NE-I upgraded 6 slot expansion chassis. (Host card in Slot 2 of MacPro)
HD3 Accel
BlackMagic Decklink Studio 2 (In Slot 3 of MacPro)

SurCode / Dolby Media Meter 2
Izotope RX2 Advanced / Sonic NoNoise
Waves Platinum 7.x / Serato PitchnTime
Melodyne Studio / Altiverb XL / Speakerphone
KOMPLETE 7
EQuality / Massey L2007
TC MasterX
Old 10-29-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
And some more...
1.The state of "timeline insertion follows playback" should be displayed in edit window.

Oh hell yeah! Good call!
IMDB
LinkedIn
Old 11-05-2007, 09:52 PM

How about each region showing us the peak db's? I hate using the Gain AudioSuite plugin to check a clip region's peak level. Couldn't that be computed when the waveform is created?

Great ideas here folks....

Andy Snavley

Chief Sound Bender
Bendy
http://bendymusic.com/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/bendymusic