Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2022, 06:30 AM

Default New Pro Tools Subscription - Software Launches but I can't login to my Avid account

Hi all - I have spent several hours trying to get started with my new PT subscription but I'm at a total loss.

EDIT: I'm running Windows 11. Could this be my problem? Am I out of luck?

I already had iLok and Pro Tools First on my Windows 11 machine. I upgraded to a full subscription (purchased through Sweetwater). My iLok is linked in my Avid account, my Avid link app says my subscription is active, and I am able to launch Pro Tools. However, when I click sign in at the top right the pop up box says "an error has occurred" with no further explanation.

One thing I noticed that doesn't make sense is that while Pro Tools subscription shows up as an active license in my iLok manager it does not show up under the "available" tab. I've attached screen shots to show what I'm seeing. Any help would be much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pro tools sign in.jpg (25.3 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by samj83; 02-03-2022 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-03-2022, 08:45 AM

Default Re: New Pro Tools Subscription - Software Launches but I can't login to my Avid accou

Welcome to the community.

Account-level issues would need to be handled by Avid CS - have you started a support case yet? You can start a case via the Access The Support Center link in my.avid.com or through the links at Contact Audio & Music Support.
Old 02-03-2022, 09:11 AM

Default Re: New Pro Tools Subscription - Software Launches but I can't login to my Avid accou

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Welcome to the community.

Account-level issues would need to be handled by Avid CS - have you started a support case yet? You can start a case via the Access The Support Center link in my.avid.com or through the links at Contact Audio & Music Support.
I did get a case going, thanks for that. The initial response was it could be a Windows 11 issue, but I'm not so sure that makes sense since the software runs just fine. Wondering if anyone else has seen what I'm seeing in that login window.

Related: my pro tools First instance works just fine on Win 11.