Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 11-14-2020, 01:02 AM

Default Protools Ultimate Perpetual Subscription missing from my product list

Hi, all,
My Protools Updates and support plan is due for renewal on 30th November 2020.
I purchased a Protools Ultimate Perpetual license and 1 year Update+Support plan from Sweetwater last November.

When I bought it, I followed the instructions to register my product and have been using/ updating it all year.
However I do not see it in my product list in my Avid Account, when I try to renew my subscription.
I can't get any AVID support, probably because it is not showing in my products list.
If I try to activate it again, it tells me that it is already activated.
I also followed the instructions on screen and tried to add my System ID in order to get the product lister in my product list. However I keep getting System ID number incorrect.
I have no Idea what number to enter.
I am at a loss as to what to do next and I am extremely concerned that if my Update plan expires, so will my perpetual license, as Avid discontinued the reinstatement from January this year, unless I don't let my subscription lapse.

Please advise me on what can be done to ensure this does not happen.
Kindest regards,
Peter.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Protools Ultimate Perpetual Subscription missing from my product list

I submitted a case and have a case number, but I haven't received any email confirmation that my case has been submitted.
it's actually pretty disgraceful that the support, which we pay a premium for appears to be nothing more than an automated Bot.

Case Number for any Avid Support Employee:04056594

Thank you.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Protools Ultimate Perpetual Subscription missing from my product list

If you bought it from Sweetwater, that is the first place I would go for help. They have excellent support.
Old 11-14-2020, 12:39 PM

^^^ yes go back to Sweetwater. And check carefully you don’t accidentally have two different Avid accounts. Getting email addresses and/or account info confused is a leading cause of issues like this. How did you ever download the installers if they never showed up in this Avid.com account?

And to avoid semantic confusion you don’t have a “subscription” you have a perpetual license and support plan. Subscriptions and perpetual licenses are opposite things.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:02 AM

Thanks for the replies.
Yes I understand that I have perpetual and that it's my update and support plan that will expire.
However, If my update & Support plan expires, there is no reinstatement and I will be stuck with 2020.(v) forever, unless I move onto a subscription model.
But to reply to the 'how did I download and install Ultimate, if it's not in your list'..
I have no idea. I followed the installation instructions explicitly.
When I look at my iLok account it tells me that my avid plugins are on subscription, so I am assuming that it has recognised something..
In my Avid Account Menu, I can see Learn & Support with an orange renew button next to it.
When I click on that I can see 2020.11 is the latest version I can download.
If I click on Renew, I keep getting sent back to my Avid Account/ Products/ where PT Ultimate is not listed.
I have contacted Sweetwater and am waiting for a reply.

Thanks again for your time.

P
Old 11-16-2020, 01:21 AM

Your dealer will be able to contact Avid licensing team on your behalf and straighten out any issues. Also whilst Avid have discontinued the Reinstatement plans for Ultimate, there is plenty of stock available via various resellers so no need to panic there if the worst comes to the worst.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:23 AM

I reached out to Avid on social media and they looked into it and can confirm that the software was registered under my email, yet it isn't on my product list in my account.
It has been escalated to the licensing department.

Thank you all for your help.

P