Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2013, 08:47 PM

Default No Input sound when Record enabled

I'm running PT 11 and 3rd gen Mbox Pro.

I have no sound from any inputs (i.e. when I need to record a bass guitar or XLR mics). The Mbox records and plays the recordings back fine, but the player is unable to hear the bass during recording.

I've toggled the Input Only Monitoring (Alt + K) off and on, but there's still no sound from the bass guitar. I just updated to the new Mbox Pro driver, but this issue was present before I updated.

On the old Mbox LE, you could manage the input/playback with a little dial... suggestions?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:10 PM

Default Re: No Input sound when Record enabled

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1797172&postcount=28
Old 09-27-2013, 07:07 AM

Thanks Glen.

I ran through the list, and it gives me zero latency between the player (bassist) and headphones. But, I can't hear the previously recorded tracks for the bassist to play along.

In the Mbox Pro setting, I can change "Headphone A" back to "Stereo Mix 1" and I hear the previous recordings just fine, but still no bass input audio. It's either Stereo Mix 1 for previous recordings, OR Stereo Mix 2 for zero latency.

I'd like to be able to hear both the input & previous recordings through both Headphone A and Headphone B. Help?
Old 09-27-2013, 07:11 AM

WAIT.

Don't respond to the question in the post above... I just had to slide the "Software Return" faders up in the Mbox Pro Settings for Stereo Mix 2 (for both Headphones A & B).

yikes.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue. What did you do to fix this? I'm not sure where to find the software mixer.

I have the Mbox 3rd generation. It isn't the mini or the pro, it is the one in the middle.

It was working fine. I haven't done any updates, but all of the sudden to day I can't hear anything when recording my bass or using my mic inputs. I have sound going into the comp, and it will record, and I can hear it on playback, but I can't hear it when record is engaged or while recording.

My I/O is correct (again, I can hear it on playback). But it won't come through my headphones or my monitors while recording. WTF?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Windows 7. PT 11. Mbox 3rd Gen.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:10 PM

Try switching track>input only/auto input monitoring mode. Then read the very brief section on this in the Pro Tools Reference Guide to understand what this is about.