Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2010, 02:40 AM

Default Just bought KRK ERGO and cant get it to work with pro tools! please help!

I have just purchased some new KRK VXT6 monitors, along with a new KRK ergo, I'm having trouble getting audio to play in pro-tools and I was wondering if anyone may be able to help.

I run a new mac os x with an old digi 002, I've run the ergo room tests through my new monitors and that worked fine. I've now got my monitors plugged into the speaker slots on the ergo, and then i've plugged the ergo into the 002 through the usual monitor outputs, however when I play a session in pro-tools there is no audio.

Am I doing anything obviously wrong here? Im not exactly a whiz, but I just cant figure it out.

If you could help that would be much appreciated.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Just bought KRK ERGO and cant get it to work with pro tools! please help!

Start by checking your I/O and make sure our audio is routed correctly...

Sparky
Old 07-04-2010, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Just bought KRK ERGO and cant get it to work with pro tools! please help!

Hi,

I´ve never tested or seen the ERGO but after a quick look at their website try a few things.

1. Is ergo set up to receive analog or s/pdif? there should be a control panel for the unit, right?
2. are you using the correct speaker set? A or B
3. have you tried using s/pdif instead of analog?

Just a few things coming off the top of my head.

www.syrland.is
www.sturluson-music.com