Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2023, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Missing plugins with new 2023.3 version

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral_pancake View Post
Brother, it is so....SO rare that I google a problem and get a solid, usable and functioning answer so quickly. Bless you.
Bless YOU for joining the forum to say so. I'm glad it worked out. Avid could stand to make this a little more clear in the future since it's been popping up quite a lot.
Old 03-31-2023, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Yes. You need silicon native plugins to use Pro Tools native on silicon. That's up to you. Avid Link will install the Avid ones. This has been covered in multiple threads since January. One actually has a sticky in the forums. Welcome to 3 months ago.
I reinstalled the same dmg files that I was using while on Rosetta. In most cases, I did not need to hunt down new silicon native installation files as you say. The clean reinstall seemed to work.

This is why it is irritating. I can understand new installs for silicon only but when the same version works when you reinstall, then that's on Avid.

Thank you for your comment but don't bother responding if just going to be negative!
Old 04-03-2023, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
PT now loads the Silicon version by default so what's probably happening is you've opened PT and all those plugins are not yet Silicon ready so they're absent from the list. Get Info on the ProTools app, select Open In Rosetta, open PT and you should see all those plugins again.
Thanks, Eric! Worked for me.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:40 PM

Quote:
PT now loads the Silicon version by default so what's probably happening is you've opened PT and all those plugins are not yet Silicon ready so they're absent from the list. Get Info on the ProTools app, select Open In Rosetta, open PT and you should see all those plugins again.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:42 PM

I was having the same problems with the new ProTools version and Plug Ins.
Thanks so much for your insight Eric that fixed the problem!

Gary
Old 05-04-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
I scoured the internet for nearly an hour about this issue and this saved me! Thank you so much!
Old 11-13-2023, 01:43 PM

Quote:
THANK YOU FOR THE EASY EXPLANATION AND SOLUTION. It's been driving me nuts for hours.