Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM

Default Pro Tools & Kontakt 3 using converted Giga samples

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1) Computer
iMac running OSX (10.4.11).
2.1 GHz PowerPC G5
2.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM

2) Host
Pro Tools LE 7 (version 7.3)

3) Sample Instrument
Kontakt 3 (version 3.0.2.004)
DFD info:
Channel Buffer Size: 120.0kB
Preload size: 72.00kB

4) Samples are located on an external drive connected via Firewire

Hello,

Used Gigastudio for ever. Recently switched to Kontakt 3 because it converts and plays all the giga files.

When I play instrument thorough pro tools as a plug in sampler instrument everything sounds and plays perfectly. I hear the whole sound of all the instruments. attack and sustain (if I hold down the keys). and when I record the instruments into Pro Tools I hear the whole sound (attack and sustain). And Pro Tools records the proper midi data in the track with the proper length of sustain.

The problem occurs upon playback. Pro Tools only plays the attack and the sustain is lost. I have noticed it on

Nemesys GigaPiano 1GB
Synclavier Keys & Guitars
Larry Seyer Acoustic Bass
Dan Dean Bass
SI Hammond B3

Well.. pretty much everything.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools & Kontakt 3 using converted Giga samples

1. I've had midi parts where there's double notes recorded. A very short note under the main/visible note which has the effect you describe. Grab a note and pull it away to see if this is the case.
2. If you switch the midi track into controllers/sustain mode, is there any automation visible that is preventing the note sustaining?

http://www.myspace.com/philogg