How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 AM

Default trim automation not out of sync

Yes very strange indeed...
I draw automation to the trim plugin GAIN, but the automation happens before the playhead gets to the actual automation in the automation lane..

Meaning that I hear the automation happening before the actual automation written on the lane...

know what i mean?

how is that for strange??

Anybody had this issue ??

Thanks

EDIT: it happens in every track and just with the trim plugin, I do the same with track VOLUME and is fine
Old 03-07-2013, 09:56 AM

Default Re: trim automation not out of sync

no one?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Just curios but why are you automating the Input Trim? The purpose (the only way I have used it for years) is to bring up or down the automated volume without recording the automation again (by raising the input trim up or down to what you needs are..)

The only other reason I use it is to bring the 32bit float engine down to not clip my master fader (my sessions are at 24 bit so sometimes my mix is above the ceiling and instead of using the input trim to lower all the tracks I just lower the master bus trim....)

Automation is meant to be written in the volume view or for midi and VI its called audio volume.... Ive never had to or wanted to automate the trim

So to answer your question, no Ive not ever seen that because I would never automate the input trim... just raise or lower the entire thing (meaning no volume nodes/dots adjusting it through the session)

Do you have delay compensation enabled? If you do If you turn it off does it visually look right?

Last edited by jasonthurley; 03-07-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: To Clarify Input TRIM not Input GAIN
Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
Just curios but why are you automating the Input Trim? The purpose (the only way I have used it for years) is to bring up or down the automated volume without recording the automation again (by raising the input trim up or down to what you needs are..)

The only other reason I use it is to bring the 32bit float engine down to not clip my master fader (my sessions are at 24 bit so sometimes my mix is above the ceiling and instead of using the input trim to lower all the tracks I just lower the master bus trim....)

Automation is meant to be written in the volume view or for midi and VI its called audio volume.... Ive never had to or wanted to automate the trim

So to answer your question, no Ive not ever seen that because I would never automate the input trim... just raise or lower the entire thing (meaning no volume nodes/dots adjusting it through the session)

Do you have delay compensation enabled? If you do If you turn it off does it visually look right?
hello, I use trim gain to automate track volume rides....I use it pre inserts, and another one post inserts for triming when necessary...I dont like using track fader cause I like it to be free ... it is just my workflow...

I have delay compensation enabled... I will see if turning it off will make it look right... I dont see why pdc would cause that tough, it does not make any sense to me....

Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 09:47 AM

To each their own... thats what I use clip gain for.... Still have yet to reproduce this...
Old 03-13-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthurley View Post
To each their own... thats what I use clip gain for.... Still have yet to reproduce this...
i have no clip gain in pt 9.... this still hasnt been solved
thanks