Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2016, 04:27 AM

Default 8dio libraries any good?

I have some stuff that would sound good with a dobro and that's one guitar type I don't have. Rather than spend 4 figures for an instrument I might not need all that much I figured that I'd go with a sample set. 8dio seems to have some good stuff for the Kontakt engine and I was wondering what the general consensus is on their stuff. Not necessarily their dobro library ($139 US) but their stuff in general. Heck of a lot cheaper than the real thing

QAPLA!
Old 06-18-2016, 08:45 AM

Default Re: 8dio libraries any good?

I have the Misfit Washboard which I think is really good and one-of-a-kind. I also have Spirit Flute which was disappointing in that its phrases are very repetitive.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I have some stuff that would sound good with a dobro and that's one guitar type I don't have. Rather than spend 4 figures for an instrument I might not need all that much I figured that I'd go with a sample set. 8dio seems to have some good stuff for the Kontakt engine and I was wondering what the general consensus is on their stuff. Not necessarily their dobro library ($139 US) but their stuff in general. Heck of a lot cheaper than the real thing
I haven't ever used 8dio because I don't have Kontakt. However, I do know that Christopher (SouthSideMusic) here uses 8dio and says he really likes their stuff. Doubt you could go wrong!

Old 06-18-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I haven't ever used 8dio because I don't have Kontakt. However, I do know that Christopher (SouthSideMusic) here uses 8dio and says he really likes their stuff. Doubt you could go wrong!
If it's good enough for Christopher then it's good enough for me - I trust him (and you).

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 06-19-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:44 PM

Hey Jack And Donald

We use 8DIO a lot and have almost all of their libraries since we invested early in them. I have said I honestly think they might be the best sounding libaries out there and very suitable but as you know they are a bit pricey. IMHO i buy them as we can write that expense off and the fact that everytime we buy from 8DIO we can sleep great knowing that there is nothing out there that is better for our needs.

let me know if you are looking at something specific and I will do evrything I can to advice and help see if we can get a better deal

All The Best Guys
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-19-2016, 01:24 AM

I have Lacrimosa & Jenifer (in fact I've just used both on my latest commercial project). Excellent libraries.

Never had to contact support so can't comment on their CS but can't fault the two libraries I have at all. They usually do very good product walk through videos too.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 06-19-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey Jack And Donald

We use 8DIO a lot and have almost all of their libraries since we invested early in them. I have said I honestly think they might be the best sounding libaries out there and very suitable but as you know they are a bit pricey. IMHO i buy them as we can write that expense off and the fact that everytime we buy from 8DIO we can sleep great knowing that there is nothing out there that is better for our needs.

let me know if you are looking at something specific and I will do evrything I can to advice and help see if we can get a better deal

All The Best Guys
Christopher
Good to know, Christopher. As I said, I don't have Kontakt...but IF I did, I'd definitely use 8dio!

Old 06-20-2016, 06:58 AM

They're top tier.

Darryl Ramm