Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: logic pro 8 is here

i use LP7 for writing and electro-stuff, PTLE for recording Bands. Logic works fine with my 002R. But i saw the 26I/O from focusrite and now think - i can get 8 more tracks out analoge with Logic!! I have a 32 Channel D&R 4000 Console and only use 18 Channels + 6 FX returns. 26 would be really great! Does anyone know that 26 I/O??? is it as bad as its price says? I dont need its Mic Pres or its AD converters, just the DAs. I really think about going to the other side completely.

concearning protools simplicity:
Did anyone see the Video about making Quick Swipe comps in LP8??? That really rocks! I usually create a new session in protools to record vocals with only a instrumental roughmix - to solve trackcount and buffersize problems. I create about 12 Channels for vocals, one master-fader with compression and EQ and record-enable Track 1, make a take, then record disable Track one, record enable track 2... at the and i hear the different tracks, by soloing the Mix and solo / unsolo the different takes, mark the regions i want, apple-E, ctrl-alt-drag and drop in the final track. if the comp is ready, i mute all the unused takes... this is just as funny as sitting at the supermarket-cashpoint and holding milk over a laser until it bleeps! See that video, if you didnt - life can be soooo easy! Though the bleep-thing might be pretty smart and way better workflow.
"Quick Swipe comping" on this page:
http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/logicpro/

what i would really miss, if i completely switch to Logic - editgroups for quick drums-editing and the sound replacer plugin!! is there anything, that does the same in the vst / au - world?

Florian

Powerbook G4 1,5 Ghz, 1,5GB ram, PTLE 7.1.1., MPT, Lacie FW800 500GB Drive, Digimax 96K, SSL Duende...
Old 09-21-2007, 08:39 PM

I was poking around on the Apple Discussion board and trying to decide whether to try Logic Express since PTLE has been a major PITA.

Sayonara.

pbc
Old 09-22-2007, 03:54 AM

Quote:
I was poking around on the Apple Discussion board and trying to decide whether to try Logic Express since PTLE has been a major PITA.

Sayonara.

pbc
I love my PITA
Old 09-22-2007, 06:11 AM

Default Re: logic pro 8 is here *DELETED*

Post deleted by zombie69
Old 09-22-2007, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nobody's pointing out the flippin' obvious - (and if they have, I apologise, but worth pointing out again)

that Logic cannot wipe out Pro Tools, at least not soon, for a similar reason that FCP has not 'wiped out' Avid systems.

The reason?

Try installing Logic on a Windows PC.
Touché

Uhh, yeah you can... OSX on a PC isn't that hard to do.

I'm not talking about putting OSX on a PC - that wasn't the point. I'm talking about putting Logic on a Windows PC. Not possible.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:05 AM

i think the post about installing logic on a windows PC is the deal breaker. glitches in the matrix aside. logic8 sleek sexiness is is only available on a mac. no self respecting musician / engineer will consider a non-mac pc with OS-x an option (how stable could that be in a 24 track multi fx session)

besides the previous poster showing os-x on a "windows pc" still didn't show us logic 8 running in windows xp.

the last time i check os-x can not record my next hit song all on its own.

Protools is here to stay till logic runs on windows vista/xp, it might run in ubuntu linux before windows simply coz of the similarities os-x has with unix
Old 09-22-2007, 02:20 PM

What makes you think Digidesign will care at all?
They never have in the past.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:49 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers with my last post. It was meant as a joke. Thus the emoticon.

Anyways, I don't really think Logic is all that impressive. I think the comping feature is nice, and adc is cool also, but just about every other daw besides ptle has that, so that's nothing new. The templates are a nice idea for getting down some quick ideas, but further than that I really don't see much use for them. I think logic 8 is too new to jump to any other assumptions, so I'll just wait a while and see how it plays out. Does it sound better? Who knows. Only way to tell is with a double blind test. I might think about logic as a supplemental program, but I have so much invested in protools that I won't be replacing it anytime soon.

I don't really understand what all the hype about logic is. It is just another tool to create the same end result. In all honesty I'd rather not learn a new daw right now. I know Digi has their problems and logic 8 will too. That's just the nature of the beast. So if everyone here is so keen on jumping ship and using logic, can I have all your rtas plugs please.

By the way I deleted my earlier post because I believe it violated the forum rules as does this post and this whole thread for that matter.

Digidesign User Conference Terms of Use

Considering the real-time nature of the Digidesign User Conference bulletin board (BB), it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.

Any discussion regarding illegal software is not allowed, regardless of whether or not the message content is for or against, or anywhere in between. Anyone selling or soliciting illegal software will be denied future access to this BB and may face additional actions.

Multiple identical postings in the same forum or more than one forum of the same message are not allowed and may be considered spam and removed.

Items for sale are to be limited to the Buy & Sell Forum only. This forum is provided solely for private individuals, no commercial posts, and limited to industry related items of interest to Digidesign users. Please review the additional legal disclaimer posted in the Buy & Sell Forum.

Although Digidesign does not and cannot review all messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete part or all of any message. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this BB, Infopop, Inc. (the makers of the bulletin board software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

Because this is a support forum for users helping other users with technical issues regarding Digidesign products, the following types of threads are not allowed:

* Polls
* Petitions
* X vs.Y threads (Mac vs. PC, PT vs. Nuendo, etc.)

Digidesign reserves the right to remove posts or restrict the posting privileges of individuals that exhibit a clear agenda designed to slander, insult, or otherwise undermine Digidesign, its employees, our development partners, or any other company or individual.

Digidesign also reserves the right to reveal your identity or other known information in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that spam, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB. So-called "guerilla marketing", or posting of any advertisements, press releases, or other marketing material copied from documents or websites is not allowed, particularly when it is deemed to be of a competitive nature.

Blatant promotion of or linking to other websites or forums for the purpose of circumventing the DUC Terms of Use is prohibited and will prompt post deletions.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:56 AM

I spent 4 hours playin around with logic, yesterday at my local shop. It ran smoothly and everything sounded great. Love the ES2. Think that logic could be a supplement to my protools system, but it wont replace it. Am i gonna buy it ... not yet, waiting for digi's "answer"

One thing i did miss i logic was audiosuite ....
Old 09-23-2007, 02:27 AM

Quote:

Sayonara.

pbc
Why has Pro Tools been a major PITA? Why not post this on Apple's site? I run Pro Tools on Mac and Win, HD and LE and I can say it’s definitely one of the most stable DAW's out there. If you have major issues, it's probably not because of the actual software, but you computer set-up, or your actual computer. I know it feels good to just place blame on a certain person or company, but it’s completely futile.

IF LOGIC 8 IS SOOO AMAZING AND COOL, CAN EVERYONE PLEASE TELL APPLE AND NOT US!!!!