Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2020, 04:06 AM

Default Control crashing with over 39 tracks.

Hi all,

Does anyone else have the problem with, or know of a fix for, Avid Control app on Ipad crashing when used with Nuendo when there are over 39 tracks in the project? It causes Nuendo to crash as well.

This ONLY happens when you click on the tracks tab in the control app.

Have tried both wired and wireless connections, and I believe I am all up to date with drivers etc.

Alternatively, anyone know of a way to remove the tracks tab from the control interface so I don't accidentally press it?!

Old 05-17-2020, 08:26 AM
Avid

Default Re: Control crashing with over 39 tracks.

Hi, thanks for posting on here, let's see if we can finally track this down. There has to be something in particular to a system that causes this. I'm on the latest version of Windows and Nuendo /Cubase and it has never happened to me.

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2020, 11:48 AM

Hey, thanks for pointing me over here. hopefully we can get it sorted and I will then get an S1!

Im running latest Nuendo on Mac Pro, 10.14.6. Audio interface is a rock solid RME UFX2+, Im only working at 48k, and I've tried having the ipad pro (2020 model) connected via wifi and wired, and it always crashes.

Latest EuControl installed, and as far as I can tell Steinberg's Eucon driver 7.1.2.14. Which is a few years old but I can not for the life of me find an update to that driver.

So any suggestions?
thanks
Old 05-17-2020, 07:53 PM
Avid

I have the same Eucon adapter version too. Can you PM me your session?

Sent from my HMA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2020, 05:14 AM

I'd be happy to help track this down too. Very easy to reproduce this bug on my system - new Mac Pro, latest Catalina, Nuendo and Eucon. My audio interface is the Focusrite PCIeR card.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:48 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgssc View Post
I'd be happy to help track this down too. Very easy to reproduce this bug on my system - new Mac Pro, latest Catalina, Nuendo and Eucon. My audio interface is the Focusrite PCIeR card.
Thanks for the Crash Dump. As i said in my PM to you this is deep inside Nuendo code and nothing to do with EUCON. I sent the crash dump to Steinberg and asked for their help.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:52 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictNichols View Post
Hey, thanks for pointing me over here. hopefully we can get it sorted and I will then get an S1!

Im running latest Nuendo on Mac Pro, 10.14.6. Audio interface is a rock solid RME UFX2+, Im only working at 48k, and I've tried having the ipad pro (2020 model) connected via wifi and wired, and it always crashes.

Latest EuControl installed, and as far as I can tell Steinberg's Eucon driver 7.1.2.14. Which is a few years old but I can not for the life of me find an update to that driver.

So any suggestions?
thanks
If you can get a crash dump, this would help push Steinberg ?
Old 05-18-2020, 10:37 AM

Sounds good.
Old 05-18-2020, 12:01 PM

hey sorry, been working all day.

I've opened a support ticket with steinberg, hopefully they will answer soon and I will send them a crash dump.

In the meantime, is it possible to set the configurable buttons along the bottom of the S1 to show various tabs in Control? if so I may go ahead with the S1, set those up, and then never be in danger of opening tracks tab and losing work.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:48 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictNichols View Post
hey sorry, been working all day.

I've opened a support ticket with steinberg, hopefully they will answer soon and I will send them a crash dump.

In the meantime, is it possible to set the configurable buttons along the bottom of the S1 to show various tabs in Control? if so I may go ahead with the S1, set those up, and then never be in danger of opening tracks tab and losing work.
Thanks. The button only control DAW commands at the moment but we want to add system commands like those tabs and banking etc.