How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2017, 01:58 AM

Default S3L-X support and Avid Account

First of all, I wish U Happy New Year!
Second I would like to tell U that I am completely unsatisfied about Avid Support in my country, Romania.
We got a Venue S3L-X System, 2 years and half ago, from Radu Layer Dobra (Avid VENUE Certified Instructor) and has been invoiced by ProLights SRL - Cluj - Romania and, since then, I have not received any support. The system has been registered to Radu Layer Dobra Avid account and, even if we legally bought the system, we cannot update Venue Software.
Also, I tried to buy 3 faders for the console and nobody could help me.

Best regards!
Old 01-04-2017, 03:16 PM

Default Re: S3L-X support and Avid Account

Hello and Happy New Year to you too!

Unfortunate to hear you have had problems like that. I would suggest you contact both, this person and Avid to get the system registered under your name.

When you get it done, then you can access all the updates and just maybe you don't actually need new faders as there were number of software versions that made the faders "go crazy". I have got replacement faders for my system that I actually did not need! One of the last software version for S3L did fix the issue with faders.

Also talking about support - you should always contact Avid Live Sound support, in your case call EU number +44 1753 659 500 and they will help.

I hope you get this sorted out!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:28 AM

Hello Kristo.

Many thanks for your answer!
Venue software is 4.5.3.3 (I guess the last one) and I have not heard to make "hardware troubles". Also, in the "standalone mode" the console faders are doing the same. It can be seen "with the naked eye" that the 2 faders are mechanically damaged and they are not reset when power on.
Is it also possible to transfer a product from an Avid account to another?

Best regards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
Hello and Happy New Year to you too!

Unfortunate to hear you have had problems like that. I would suggest you contact both, this person and Avid to get the system registered under your name.

When you get it done, then you can access all the updates and just maybe you don't actually need new faders as there were number of software versions that made the faders "go crazy". I have got replacement faders for my system that I actually did not need! One of the last software version for S3L did fix the issue with faders.

Also talking about support - you should always contact Avid Live Sound support, in your case call EU number +44 1753 659 500 and they will help.

I hope you get this sorted out!
Old 01-05-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolybarabas View Post
Hello Kristo.

Many thanks for your answer!
Venue software is 4.5.3.3 (I guess the last one) and I have not heard to make "hardware troubles". Also, in the "standalone mode" the console faders are doing the same. It can be seen "with the naked eye" that the 2 faders are mechanically damaged and they are not reset when power on.
Is it also possible to transfer a product from an Avid account to another?

Best regards!
Hi,

If the faders are bad, replace them, call Avid live sound. And yes, you should be able to move the ownership around, please see the Transfer of Ownership info here: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/en363631

I don't know how easy it will be if the person who has the registration is unwilling to cooperate. I would strongly suggest you to get in touch with Avid about your situation to see what kind of advice they can give you to resolve this.