Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 PM

Default How to manually authenticate plug-ins for Pro Tools LE

Hello, I am new to the whole Pro Tools system, I have been working with Nuendo. I got the MBox 2 Pro w/ Proo Tools LE 7.1, I guess the stuff that comes with it. Well i had to buy an iLok and now I have reinstalled all of the software and plug-ins, but some will not authenticate. I dont have what ever card that the program asks for and the internet option does not work. So my question is how do I manually authenticate plug-ins from the challange question in Pro Tools?

Thank you for any help that can be given.

~Manish Wayz~
Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 AM

Default Re: How to manually authenticate plug-ins for Pro Tools LE

As far as I am aware, you can no longer manually authorize any of the Pro Tools plugins. They all require an ilok asset to be on the ilok, and they all require purchase of the plugin to obtain said ilok asset. Even if you could still manually authenticate, you would still be required to purchase.

Not all of the plugins that are on the installation disk actually come with the software. What plugins are you talking about specifically? Are you sure they were included with your purchase?

Read this link

It will explain it in more detail.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Thank you first for taking the time to reply. Here is what I am having an issue with, I am running Pro Tools LE 7.1.2 (MBox 2 Pro) with a brand new just opened and out of package Pace iLok usb key.

These Plug-ins are the problem:

*Broadband Noise Reduction LE
*Hybrid 1.0.0.939
*Smack! LE
*Sound Replacer
*VocAlign Project LE
*DV ToolKit 2
*Music Production Toolkit
*Digitranslator

However, These Plug-ins are working:

*Waves Diamond/Mercury
*Antares Package
*Audio Ease Package
*Bomb Factory Package
*Focusrite Package
*Serato Package
*Sony Oxford
*McDSP Emerald
*Native Instruments
*Xpand!

This all came with the stuff my friend gave to me.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:

*Hybrid 1.0.0.939
*Smack! LE
*Sound Replacer
*VocAlign Project LE
*DV ToolKit 2
*Digitranslator

These plugins are not included with the MBox 2 Pro, unless you also purchased both the Music Production Toolkit and the DV Toolkit 2.

Did you purchase the Music Production Toolkit($495) and the DV Toolkit 2($1,295)?
Quote:

*Waves Diamond/Mercury
*Antares Package
*Audio Ease Package
*Bomb Factory Package
*Focusrite Package
*Serato Package
*Sony Oxford
*McDSP Emerald
*Native Instruments
*Xpand!

Ummmm... "Gave" to you? That is multiple/tens of thousands of dollars of plugins!!! Many of which require ilok licenses. How/why would anyone "give" you multiple/tens of thousands of dollars worth of plugins?? If you did not purchase or transfer them legally from your "friend" they are illegal. (everything except XPand; that's free)

Please, do yourself a favor and purchase the plugins that you use, and don't post on public forums where everyone (including the companies that you are stealing from) can read that you are breaking the law.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Old 01-09-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:

*Hybrid 1.0.0.939
*Smack! LE
*Sound Replacer
*VocAlign Project LE
*DV ToolKit 2
*Digitranslator

These plugins are not included with the MBox 2 Pro, unless you also purchased both the Music Production Toolkit and the DV Toolkit 2.

Did you purchase the Music Production Toolkit($495) and the DV Toolkit 2($1,295)?
Quote:

*Waves Diamond/Mercury
*Antares Package
*Audio Ease Package
*Bomb Factory Package
*Focusrite Package
*Serato Package
*Sony Oxford
*McDSP Emerald
*Native Instruments
*Xpand!

Ummmm... "Gave" to you? That is multiple/tens of thousands of dollars of plugins!!! Many of which require ilok licenses. How/why would anyone "give" you multiple/tens of thousands of dollars worth of plugins?? If you did not purchase or transfer them legally from your "friend" they are illegal. (everything except XPand; that's free)

Please, do yourself a favor and purchase the plugins that you use, and don't post on public forums where everyone (including the companies that you are stealing from) can read that you are breaking the law.

Let’s clear the air right now! I was in business with the guy that owned the recording studio that is now closed; he didn’t want the stuff anymore because of a passing of a family member. I told him that I would put it to use seeing as to I am just out of school for sound recording/sound engineer (GRADUATED), but someone stole the ilok key that was plugged into the computer when I got it. So please believe me when I say, I have no problem paying for my software and hardware. I believe in piracy laws due to the fact I make music and I have had to deal with people stealing from me. I just want the stuff to work like it did at his spot.

Oh, and he didn't quite give it to me! My pocket don't hurt.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
but someone stole the ilok key that was plugged into the computer when I got it.
Then someone also stole all of the licenses for the plugins that were contained on it.

It really doesn't matter how you play it; without the ilok authorizations, most of those plugins (again except XPand) should not work. Anything that you are doing to circumvent using the ilok to authorize those plugins, not matter if they were paid for originally or not, would still be illegal.

Waves Diamond/Mercury is $7500 and requires valid ilok licenses to function in Pro Tools.
McDSP Emerald pack is $1400 and requires valid ilok licenses to function in Pro Tools.
The Bomb Factory plugins (except for the free ones that come with Pro Tools) all require valid ilok licenses to function in Pro Tools.
etc etc.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
but someone stole the ilok key that was plugged into the computer when I got it.
Then someone also stole all of the licenses for the plugins that were contained on it.

It really doesn't matter how you play it; without the ilok authorizations, most of those plugins (again except XPand) should not work. Anything that you are doing to circumvent using the ilok to authorize those plugins, not matter if they were paid for originally or not, would still be illegal.

Waves Diamond/Mercury is $7500 and requires valid ilok licenses to function in Pro Tools.
McDSP Emerald pack is $1400 and requires valid ilok licenses to function in Pro Tools.
The Bomb Factory plugins (except for the free ones that come with Pro Tools) all require valid ilok licenses to function in Pro Tools.
etc etc.
That is why I contacted Pace iLok; the licenses was transferred over to my recording studio I know the whole thing that had to be done. Just like changing his business licenses over to us as well. It is just that I don’t have the card that goes into the iLok for the Digidesign plug-ins. Come on now how remedial would a company be to come on here of all other place for help with a legit problem. I don’t have the time for law suits. I hate when people have to assume that everyone is out here pirating software, this is why I got a business loan to cover the cost of all that, “Guitar Center” and “Skip’s” are our best friends! I really wish you would have taken the time to find out who we are and issue.

If there is anyone out here that can truly help us please do!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
It is just that I don’t have the card that goes into the iLok for the Digidesign plug-ins.
There is no card. Those licenses are issueds electronically to ilok.com

As I said; the following plugins are not included with the mbox 2 pro:

*Hybrid 1.0.0.939
*Smack! LE
*Sound Replacer
*VocAlign Project LE
*DV ToolKit 2
*Digitranslator

Those are the ones that you said are not working. If you do not have the licenses for them already on your ilok, or in your account at ilok.com, then you do not own those particular plugins. If your friend provided you with those licenses as well as all the others, but you don't have the licenses on your ilok or in your ilok account for download, then you need ot contact Digidesign directy to obtain them. They are the only ones who can help you with that.

Could you post a screenshot of your ilok.com synchronization list? It will be easier to help you with that information.

"That is why I contacted Pace iLok; the licenses was transferred over to my recording studio I know the whole thing that had to be done." By the way; this is where your story breaks down. ilok.com does not provide the licenses like that. You would have needed to contact the individual companies to be issues licenses for those that were on the stolen iLok. Waves especially. The waves licenses are provided by waves, not ilok.com

If you had followed the proper procedure from ilok.com to replace those licenses, you would have already contacted Digidesign for the licenses you are "missing".