Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2009, 05:26 AM

Thumbs up Monster AIR Sample Library

Something really cool is happening on the blog, members of the tribe are sampling their gear and then offering it to the community. How cool is that? Imagine how huge the resource of sounds for Structure and Transfuser could be? Right now it's just been 'little-ole-me', and you get about 16 new Structure patches a week, now imagine that multiplied by 10, 50 or 100?

If you want to be part of the gang sampling your old synths, drum machines, instruments, then we would love to have you on board with the growing gang, you don't even need a copy of Structure, just Pro Tools.

To make things easy we've created a guide on hat we need from you. So dust off that synth, sax, shaker or singer and get sampling!

More here...

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Monster AIR Sample Library

I've been meaning to sample some of my analog keyboards for awhile and will certainly share them with the blog.

Can you tell us how to loop the samples and create the Structure patches ourselves? You mentioned looping on one the videos you've made, but I can't seem to the locate the one where you go over it in detail.

Thanks for the amazing blog Russ. Truly.

Ray

Last edited by raydsr; 04-14-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-14-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydsr View Post
I've been meaning to sample some of my analog keyboards for awhile and will certainly share them with the blog.

Can you tell us how to loop the samples and create the Structure patches ourselves? You mentioned looping on one the videos you've made, but I can't seem to the locate the one where you go over it in detail.

Thanks for the amazing blog Russ. Truly.

Ray
That video is next on the list, however if you check the sample spec you'll see that if you just do the sampling, we'll do the rest.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 AM

It's always good to know ourselves, but that's awesome that you'd do it.

I noticed your velocities instructions. But that wouldn't work with a dynamic instrument (an a Rhodes Bass for example). Any recommendations on sampling an instrument like that? I have one I'm thinking of sampling.

Something I've considered sampling are my melodicas (Gang of Four anyone?). Any tips on the best way to sample them?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
Something really cool is happening on the blog, members of the tribe are sampling their gear and then offering it to the community. How cool is that? Imagine how huge the resource of sounds for Structure and Transfuser could be? Right now it's just been 'little-ole-me', and you get about 16 new Structure patches a week, now imagine that multiplied by 10, 50 or 100?

If you want to be part of the gang sampling your old synths, drum machines, instruments, then we would love to have you on board with the growing gang, you don't even need a copy of Structure, just Pro Tools.

To make things easy we've created a guide on hat we need from you. So dust off that synth, sax, shaker or singer and get sampling!

More here...

Awesome, only problem I have is keeping up with all the sounds that are being created. I'm certain I have missed a few but have been to lazy to figure out which ones.

I also have a bunch that I have saved on a thumb drive that I will load into Structure soon.

Not complaining! This is a good problem to have! All this content coming in is making my non structure friends quite jealous.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga View Post
All this content coming in is making my non structure friends quite jealous.
That was the point!

And give it a few weeks and they'll all be selling Logic, can't say any more than that.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:07 PM

Russ,

Can you be of any assistance with the "Hybrid Won't Load" thread? As much as I love Structure and Hybrid, they just will not play nice together in a session.

Kinda takes the wind out my sails when I get too excited about the VI's.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussUK View Post
That was the point!

And give it a few weeks and they'll all be selling Logic, can't say any more than that.
Yup when I bought Structure, we sampled the entire library from my Korg TR Rack, Yamaha Motif ES Rack and Roland Fantom-XR Rack. Took us forever but they all went on Ebay a few weeks ago, Structure has replaced them all. Those libraries are to big to upload to the blog but I'm willing to sent out subsets of them if you guys are interested. Not sure what the best method would be for getting them to you though.

Anyway, to anyone who has lot of external sound modules keep this in mind. I use to make a song, than I would save that song come back later and have to click on each one of those little tracks so that protools would tell the module what sound/patch to load on what midi channel. Now I just load the songs in structure and I'm off to work, cuts down a lot of time not having to deal with those. Plus editing the sounds in Structure is WAY easier than trying to do it on those little modules.

Now I'm just waiting for my M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 (due day after tomorrow) to arrive so I can have full control over Structure and Transfuser without touching protools
Old 04-14-2009, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga View Post
Yup when I bought Structure, we sampled the entire library from my Korg TR Rack, Yamaha Motif ES Rack and Roland Fantom-XR Rack. Took us forever but they all went on Ebay a few weeks ago, Structure has replaced them all. Those libraries are to big to upload to the blog but I'm willing to sent out subsets of them if you guys are interested. Not sure what the best method would be for getting them to you though.

Anyway, to anyone who has lot of external sound modules keep this in mind. I use to make a song, than I would save that song come back later and have to click on each one of those little tracks so that protools would tell the module what sound/patch to load on what midi channel. Now I just load the songs in structure and I'm off to work, cuts down a lot of time not having to deal with those. Plus editing the sounds in Structure is WAY easier than trying to do it on those little modules.

Now I'm just waiting for my M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 (due day after tomorrow) to arrive so I can have full control over Structure and Transfuser without touching protools
Email me airusersblog AT gmail DOT com

Old 04-15-2009, 02:28 AM

If sounds from the Motif or Fantom ever found their way onto the Air Blog it may cause meltdown.

(get 'em on)