Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2003, 10:40 AM

Default A long wait for Core Audio... that doesn\'t work

I dunno, maybe it's me. I upgraded PT6 to 6.0.1. Installed Core Audio drivers. Restarted. Protools works as before, with great output through my Audiomedia III card. *However*, when selecting DigiHW as the Core Audio output in the Sound panel, there is only loud noise coming from the card.

A dialog box reports this:

1. No Digidesign hardware can be found.

2. Digidesign hardware is being used by another application.

But neither is the case. Such a long time to wait for Core Audio... for this.

Anybody else with this problem?

System:
G4/867
OS 10.2.4
Audiomedia III
Old 04-03-2003, 10:49 AM

Default Re: A long wait for Core Audio... that doesn\'t work

The first release of the CoreAudio driver does not support the AMIII card. We are planning on adding support for AMIII in an upcoming CoreAudio release.

-Ted

Ted Barram
DAE Engineer
Old 04-03-2003, 11:18 AM

Hi

Ahh, it is really really nice to read this first now here. Why do i have to get this information after hours of trying to get sense to the prbl on my own. And some more time on posting here replies.
Why is this not on the download page.
Why is there not "DONT DOWNLOAD WHEN YOU HAVE A AUDIOMEDIA III !!!!" ????
I lost a whole afternoon for that for nothin only because of missing important information on the download page. And also in the readmes, nothin.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2003, 12:38 AM

Hmmm... I'm having the same problem (the hardware is in use dialog) with my 001 after installing PT 6.01 and core audio. Now, PT won't startup either-- it gives me a "Unable to create DAE deck" error and shuts down.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:52 AM

The first release of the CoreAudio driver does not support the AMIII card. We are planning on adding support for AMIII in an upcoming CoreAudio release.
-Ted
Ted Barram
DAE Engineer

--------------------------------

With respect, Ted, there must be FAR more users who have Audiomedia III cards than 001s. These cards were available for years. Why must the AMIII people wait, while the 001 people enjoy their audio?? Looks like someone in marketing decided that, by virtue of the more recent 001 purchases, those are the people to make happy first. I don't get it.

Also, I agree it was a big, bad mistake to omit this lack of AMIII support from the download information. There is not even a mention of it in the online readme for Core Audio. Further evidence, I fear, that AMIII owners are just an afterthought.

VG