How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2021, 03:45 AM

Default Subscription renewal is an annual nightmare

I feel like I must be doing something wrong. Every year I have to go through hoops to renew my subscription and get that onto my iLok so I can continue using PT, Falcon, etc. I pay £380 for this each time. To some extent my system is down for a few days every time.

This is the first year the button to refresh actually appeared in My Avid – I normally have to start the support case before that. I bought the renewal early, but of course you can't refresh the licenses in iLok License Manager until 2 days before they expire. According to My Avid my subscription is valid until March 2022. According to iLok my subscription ended last night. Refresh just tells me that renewal is "pending". I've opened a support case, but it would be nice to not have to wait for human intervention in what should be an automatic process every April.

What is the secret mantra to get this to work? It's really frustrating.

Thanks.