Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2016, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Opinions on Komplete Audio 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I don't mind having to use their Control Panel to switch the buffer, but we shouldn't have to shut down PT and re-open. Great interface nonetheless.
If anyone is interested, this thread solicits feedback from users of third-party interfaces about the process of changing sample rate and/or buffer size and whether it requires a restart of PT. I think it would be good to report you experiences there as well as here.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
If anyone is interested, this thread solicits feedback from users of third-party interfaces about the process of changing sample rate and/or buffer size and whether it requires a restart of PT. I think it would be good to report you experiences there as well as here.
Will do, thanks

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-10-2016, 06:44 PM

Just watched your video, thumbs up. Very nice, it's exactly the kind of thing I would want to see if I was considering that interface.
Old 06-14-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Just watched your video, thumbs up. Very nice, it's exactly the kind of thing I would want to see if I was considering that interface.
Cool man, thanks.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-04-2016, 02:17 PM
zolko

I have been using KA6 at home for two years with Windows, PT 10 and now with PT12. Mainly with laptop.
When I did Rightmark measures the results were not good - about 96dB of S/N ratio. (Much worse than first MBox) When I started to use it with virtual hi gain amps I discovered that the laptop ac adapter was the source of noise. Interface is totally quiet on battery. No audible ground loops found on cheap USB interfaces on ac adapter.
It used to work almost stable on Windows 8/8.1. On i5M 2gen I could work at 128 buffer which is about 600 samples of RTL.
After I upgraded to Windows 10 something bad happened - USB latency test reading was 1300us (previous <100us). I had to rise USB buffer by additional 1ms. But CPU drain is still higher comparing to an old 002R firewire interface.

Working with PT10, 12 is somewhat tricky - its ASIO is not perfect match with PT ASIO implementation. PT has problems with setting sample rate and prompts that interface is not recongnized than hangs. Workaround for this is creating new session (I used some focusrite interface gearslutz thread idea). Closing PT after you touch control panel is also not what I was used to using Avid hardware. Pain in the ass but once you make it work it works.

Concuding - all the drawbacks of USB powered interface: Quite low output level, quite silent headphone output (hard to drive Beyerdynamic DT660/990), noise from USB power.

Native Instruments guys should inspect latest driver with Windows 10. I don't count on making it's ASIO more compatible with PT ASIO cause "its their fault" issue

Just my 2 cents...