Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 AM

Thumbs up Pro Tools HD 8.1.1 on Win 7 64 bits - Finally working

What's up folks,

Here I'm exposing this thread about an issue that took me many many days to solve (and in fact was discovered in the last chance I gave to PT drivers on Win 7 64).

Every time I've installed the 8.1.1 update on this OS, and tried to start PT, I got the "Hardware not connected" error words over and over again.
And the real thing there was that... 8.1.1 does not work at all here, on my machine at least (I tested every options, all posibilities I read about).
It seems like a joke, but aparently the drivers on the update aren't digitally signed and then, Win 7 reject these drivers (not the first ones). These are recognized but simply don't work.

I couldn't put the "Creative Collections" to work, but yes all the other PT features (and I'm a bit tired of fight this, so I'm not interested on this item at this moment).

Here are the steps I've used to solve this very frustrating issue:

1- Install the original 8.0 driver, without the "DigiRack Plugins" and without the "Creative Collections" options (these items never worked fine for me at first installation time, not at all on this process).
2- Follow the steps as well the installer guide you (powering on the hardware interface, rebooting, etc)
3- COPY the DRIVERS FOLDER in some place you like (as Desktop for ex.) It's normally placed on "c:/Program Files x86/Digidesign/Drivers".
4- Run the 8.1.1 Update and follow all the steps as you want (I just simply don't remember if it brings any changes, so... follow "the leader", ha).
5- Reboot as necesary to finish the process.
6- Run the updater once again to check if you got the DigiRack plugins selected, if not, click that option and run the updater one more time (Oks and reboots again as the installer says).
7- Simply Copy the whole content (not the folder, just the content) of the DRIVERS FOLDER you got on your Desktop (or wherever you got) and paste those files inside the Drivers folder of Digidesign ("c:/Program Files x86/Digidesign/Drivers").
8-As I´m not a programmer and not a scientist at all (I just wanted to get the stuff working on), I don't know if it's really necesary, but just in case... Paste the whole content inside the three folders inside of "Drivers Folder". These are: Dalwdm_64, DigidesignMIDIIO_64 & DigiNet.

Put your PT HD 8 to work. I wish you all the best on this and I sincerely hope this steps could you put this thing working on.

Sorry if my english had some errors, I never went to learn and it's not my mother language.

Peace and War. "There's always a trick".