Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2004, 12:09 PM

Default FXpansion - Rewire - VST to RTAS or VST to Rewire

What would be the advantages/disadvantages of either with Pro Tools.....I am dying to buy one but do not want to purchase the wrong one...

I ahve been working most of my midi thru Reason, but only because I don't seem to get it working directly in pro tools....

thanks and sorry if this is considered the wrong forum....
Old 04-27-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: FXpansion - Rewire - VST to RTAS or VST to Rewire

Use the vst-rtas wrapper to use vst plugins in PT. If you want to take advantage of some vst instrument's multiple outputs (such as Sampletank, Battery, etc.), you'll also need the vst-rewire installed. I have a few vst instruments in PT using the vst-rtas, which works great, but will output one stereo output.

-DM
Old 04-27-2004, 01:37 PM

Reason works inside Pro Tools via Rewire in PT 6.1 and above. Reason Adapted comes free now with the purchase of 6.1 upgrade.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:03 PM

Quote:
What would be the advantages/disadvantages of either with Pro Tools.....I am dying to buy one but do not want to purchase the wrong one...

I ahve been working most of my midi thru Reason, but only because I don't seem to get it working directly in pro tools....

thanks and sorry if this is considered the wrong forum....
The RTAS - Rewire adapter is vaporware at this point in time. I have been waiting for it for a while....not as long as Nikki-k....but a while. I am looking forward to being able to route different drums out of battery on different outputs.......

-s0nguy
Old 04-28-2004, 05:24 AM

Hhehee- still waiting...

What gets me is that the new Drumkit From Hell Superior uses VST-Rewire, licensed from FXpansion! Dont know how well it works, if at all, but supposedly was part fo the intial release.

If i had time, I'd hunt down a current user to find out how it is doing.

If it doesn't happen soon, I might have to manually convert my DFH vol 1 over to Giga to take advantage of Giga 3 and it's ability to do rewire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:38 AM

Default Re: FXpansion - Rewire - VST to RTAS or VST to Rew

Hi, see my post on Plogue Bidule here :

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...t=1&PHPSESSID=