How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2017, 10:22 AM

Default Manually Stamp New Unique Identifier

Hi all,

Just wanted to see if there was a way for me to manually stamp new unique identifiers on the audio files in my session. I duplicated a session and then destructively modified the files within it for a different version of a show I'm working on and don't want these files to have the same ID just in case someone decides to bring them into the same session as the ones from the other version in the future. I also want to avoid the mistake of one session incorrectly linking to files from the other. Any way to manually do this in Pro Tools, like from the workspace?
Old 08-02-2017, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Manually Stamp New Unique Identifier

I think you can do it with Save Copy In. Make sure you tick the box to copy audio files. That creates new audio files that have all new identifiers.

Steve
Old 08-02-2017, 03:46 PM

What about selecting all the clips and using say the Gain AudioSuite plug-in set to 0 gain and clip by clip and then rendering. This would create new clips and, I'm assuming, create new ID's.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 08-02-2017, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
What about selecting all the clips and using say the Gain AudioSuite plug-in set to 0 gain and clip by clip and then rendering. This would create new clips and, I'm assuming, create new ID's.
Yes, that would create new clips with new names though. 28GB worth. Not what I want to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
I think you can do it with Save Copy In. Make sure you tick the box to copy audio files. That creates new audio files that have all new identifiers.

Steve
Save copy may be the ticket, actually, since I have to transfer this session to a server upon completion anyways. Will give that a shot. Was unaware that it made new Unique IDs. Thanks.