Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2011, 07:56 PM

Default Re: New iMac i7. frustrated - underflow errors.

I have been having some bugs with my i7 MacBook Pro using a daisy-chained LaCie Quadra and ProFire Lightbridge as well. These bugs have included hardware buffer size errors as well as some other rather interesting issues, but in my case I seem to have solved the issues thusly:

First, the connection is as follows:
MacBook->9"FW800 cable->LaCie->1m FW400 cable->Lightbridge

Turn on the Lightbridge only after the computer is booted up and the drive is mounted.

DO NOT USE the ProTools Aggregate I/O driver. Select the ProFire Lightbridge driver directly.

I am still in the testing phase, but after making these adjustments, ProTools has been able to record 24 tracks for over an hour for several straight "sessions" without incident.

Hope this helps...
Old 02-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobAnderson View Post
I have been having some bugs with my i7 MacBook Pro using a daisy-chained LaCie Quadra and ProFire Lightbridge as well. These bugs have included hardware buffer size errors as well as some other rather interesting issues, but in my case I seem to have solved the issues thusly:

First, the connection is as follows:
MacBook->9"FW800 cable->LaCie->1m FW400 cable->Lightbridge

Turn on the Lightbridge only after the computer is booted up and the drive is mounted.

DO NOT USE the ProTools Aggregate I/O driver. Select the ProFire Lightbridge driver directly.

I am still in the testing phase, but after making these adjustments, ProTools has been able to record 24 tracks for over an hour for several straight "sessions" without incident.

Hope this helps...
Just updated my previous post as I have to do this too; but my firewire solo is already on after computer boots, just no sound; as soon as computer is booted; I turn hard drive on; everything works fine.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:51 AM

HA

I have been doing this long enough that I should know better. The moment you say something is working fine is the exact moment it will go haywire.

I'll post my problem in a separate thread so as not to derail yours.