Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 09:00 PM

Default JUST upgraded to 7.0, a few quick questions...

First of all it all seems to be working fine; just as I expected it to. I downloaded the cs update as well. I'm confused on three things. I believe they're fairly simple.

First of all, where the heck is Strip Silence in 7.0? Usually you select a region go to Windows>Show Strip Silence. That option isn't there anymore. I need it for a track I'm working on.

Second of all I upgraded with the plug-ins however when I start 7.0 it asks me to authorize them, so I selected the internet activation but I only get a Safari page that says "This feature is currently disabled". I can't do a manual authorization because I didn't recieve any codes and I obviously can't use a liscense card.

My last question is, I found an area in Digi's Download section that allows me to download upgrades to standard plug-ins for 7.0. As in plug-ins that were in 6.x and now that 7.0 is out I can upgrade them. Although, all those plug-ins seem to be running fine right now. Did the 7.0 install do this for me or should I manually download these things? Thanks all!
Old 12-18-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: JUST upgraded to 7.0, a few quick questions...

Strip Silence is now under the Edit menu right above consolidate. It kind of makes more sense to be there IMHO. I found it using the search feature of the Reference Guide - very handy.

I'm having the same difficulty with the PLUS upgrade. I don't have any authorization codes to authorize them. Where and how do you get them?

I don't know about your question #3. I downloaded every update mentioned on the web site for PT 7. Everything seems to be fine. I think worst case would be, it would overwrite your existing ones with the same version.

Anyone have an idea on authorizing the downloaded plugins for the PLUS upgrade? I should be able to simply transfer them to my iLok, but there doesn't seem a simple way to do that.

...oh, my last post with the "old" 6.7 sig...

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Anyone have an idea on authorizing the downloaded plugins for the PLUS upgrade? I should be able to simply transfer them to my iLok, but there doesn't seem a simple way to do that.
It should've asked you to enter your iLok.com ID when you ordered - the licenses are waiting for you on your iLok.com account, just go there and download them to your iLok.

Quote:
Did the 7.0 install do this for me or should I manually download these things?
Anything beyond the standard Digirack plug-ins needs to be updated by you. Updates for bombfactory/digi stuff is available through the downloads section, you'll have to check any 3rd party plug-ins with the manufacturer's website.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:07 AM

Hey Hey!

In a similar boat... but in my case I've got two of everything BombFactory... So I'm wondering how to tell which ones to delete? How can I tell if they're the latest?

Thanks,
Archmart
Old 12-19-2005, 03:16 PM

rc86mike, was your question about authorising plugins ever answered?
I - and many more customers, apparently - am having the same issue, and Digidesign is - unsurprisingly -
not answering their tech support line.

Anything you might have learned would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:19 PM

Quote:

It should've asked you to enter your iLok.com ID when you ordered - the licenses are waiting for you on your iLok.com account, just go there and download them to your iLok.
It did ask for my ilok login name when I purchased the upgrade, which I supplied. I'll give it a try at ilok.com tonight and post the results.

+++++++

I just checked at ilok.com and my authorizations were there. I downloaded them (which took a bit longer than I expected), and ran both of them: Synchronic and DINR. I had trouble finding DINR LE until I remembered it was Audiosuite only.

So far, so good. Thanks, Slim.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:25 PM

Yeah I figured it out. Go to iLok.com and login. The authorization codes are waiting for you there. You just have to check off you want them authorized and have your iLok plugged in.

Thanks for the person that found Strip Silence, big help!