Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2012, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Wasn't 10.1.1 supposed to come out yesterday?

Yeah let's say word to mouth repeat duplicate is not like a copy and paste in pro tools when the word is involved who knows where the manipulation is coming from nobody is ever gonna be that intelligent to figure this out other then god.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 AM

the only person who ever posted a release date was airuserblog, aka protools expert which he had no business doing because he's not at all affiliated with avid. it was speculation.

now i see all of this anger directed at avid and it's misdirected to say the least.

somebody needs to tell the self-appointed protools expert the story of the tortoise and the hare.

if there are problems with the release i'm glad that avid is taking the time to fix them instead of releasing it prematurely in order to appease the masses.

avid isn't in the wrong on this one. the protools expert is!

regards,
marco
Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlemos View Post
if there are problems with the release i'm glad that avid is taking the time to fix them instead of releasing it prematurely in order to appease the masses.
I love the irony in this statement.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:34 AM

To Marco,

We're very sorry for any bad feelings on anyone's part stemming from the announcement that we made on Pro Tools Expert.

Here are several things that I must say in response to your post:
  • Pro Tools Expert is not "he" or "him". None of us are self appointed experts. The name of the site is meant to infer that we offer support to and from a community of Pro Tools users that can help everyone in that community to become more of a Pro Tools Expert.
  • We maintain a healthy relationship with Avid. We are independent but we've worked hard to earn and keep their trust. We continue to do that. Avid is a large organization and sometimes things change. This is one of those things. If you look at http://youtu.be/Oyl3VT95mqc you'll see that the Avid spokesperson being interviewed said "in a couple of days". At some point after that interview it was determined that the update was not ready to ship.
We don't want anyone to be angry with Avid nor with us, but if they are, we'll have to deal with that. I just want you to know that we are not pulling things like this out of the air and had no intention of deceiving our readers or listeners.

Eric Johnson
Community Development Manager
Pro Tools Expert

Mac Mini i7 2012 4-core, 16GB RAM, 20TB storage, macOS 10.12.6
Apollo Quad, Avid Eleven Rack, Pro Tools HD 2018.1.0, UAD-2 Plug-ins, iZotope plug-ins, AIR PTIEP, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2, NI Komplete 8, Spectrasonics Trilian, Omnisphere, etc.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:10 AM

Marco, not one to want to ruin a good rant with some facts, just to clarify some points raised by you.

Quote:
the only person who ever posted a release date was airuserblog, aka protools expert which he had no business doing because he's not at all affiliated with avid. it was speculation.
The only person who posted a release date? http://www.protoolerblog.com/2012/03...in-aax-format/

Both myself and my mate Stefan at ProTooler were working on info given to us by Avid, seldom do we wake up and make up sh*t to post because our blood sugar is low. Posting bogus facts may have short term benefits for a couple of hours, but it doesn't build you the kind of community we now have after nearly 4 years of hard work.

Quote:
somebody needs to tell the self-appointed protools expert the story of the tortoise and the hare.
I think Eric has already gone some way to point out that the whilst AIR Users Blog (although now I'm not sure if I should have self appointed myself an "AIR User" or a "blogger") was myself. The new site is a team of myself, Eric, Mike, Wolfgang and Roberto to form the new team, so any use of him, his et al is a little odd. Although I'm guessing from this rant you're not much of a fan of our/mine/his/her/their work and so can forgive you for having your wires crossed.

Quote:
avid isn't in the wrong on this one. the protools expert is!
Eric and I have already pointed you to the source, so perhaps when it comes to who is wrong in this discussion, you may be looking in the wrong direction?

Anyway, not wishing to ruin a good gossip with a few facts, so please feel free to disregard them if it ruins another thread.

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:48 AM

russ, i stand corrected about the avid press release. i hadn't realized that they had indeed said it would be the 23rd. my apologies on that one.

still not a fan of you or your blog though.

marco
Old 04-04-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
russ, i stand corrected about the avid press release. i hadn't realized that they had indeed said it would be the 23rd. my apologies on that one.

still not a fan of you or your blog though.

marco
We don't expect everyone to like what we do, but if you can keep to the facts, which I think was your beef, when talking about us then we would appreciate it.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:01 AM

mlemos - How can you not be a fan of the blog? Even if you get nothing from it (maybe you're a Pro Tools guru and you have no need for help with anything), why would you actively dislike it? I know you said "not a fan" but the tone (to me) seemed quite harsh.

If you never use it, that's fine and perhaps you would have no opinion or say it's not for me. But what you wrote there was a personal attack (not a fan of you or your blog) and I think it was unnecessary. Perhaps you have some history with Russ but is this really the sort of thing you want spreading around the public forums at the DUC?

I started this thread with an innocent question and it seems to have become something totally different.

I think Russ and the others at PT Expert are doing an incredible job to help the community of users, many of whom aren't professionals. They provide this service for basically nothing and I think that should be respected by everyone.

Just saying
Paul
500GB G-Drive Mini (FW audio drive)
Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion)
Pro Tools 10.0.1
Mbox 2 Pro (connected by FW)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 AM

i do have my reasons and i did express them to russ privately via email when they came up...at which point i decided not to be a member of the airuserblog.

i didn't intend a personal attack as i don't know russ personally. i'm sure he's a lovely person.

this time i stuck my foot in my mouth (not the first time) so i apologized.

regards,
marco
Old 04-04-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
i do have my reasons and i did express them to russ privately via email when they came up...at which point i decided not to be a member of the airuserblog.
I'm sorry I don't know who you are from your forum name, so I can't remember getting that email, although it seems the issue for you remains unresolved if you feel the need to write in the way you did. You (or someone with exactly the same forum name and issues) also wrote the same kind of rant on the ProTooler blog about me and the blog.

Quote:
i didn't intend a personal attack as i don't know russ personally. i'm sure he's a lovely person.
It depends who you ask.

Quote:
this time i stuck my foot in my mouth (not the first time) so i apologized.
You apologized for one of several inaccuracies.

As I said, I don't expect everyone to either like or appreciate what we do at Pro Tools Expert, we certainly can't lose sleep over it. We have a great team at Pro Tools Expert and a wonderful community we serve. We also expect that the minute we do anything then someone will criticize us, after all, it only takes a mouth to criticize, it takes those who care enough to make a difference.