Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2000, 11:07 AM

Default Memory Allocation,

I recently was prompt for the first time " to allocate more memory to PTLE " .
Do someone know how to do this?

thanx
Old 07-17-2000, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Memory Allocation,

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone...
Click once on the Pro Tools folder icon> select FILE> then go to get info and you can allocate more memory that way...I believe, I'm not at my DAW/001 right now... Use the search engine and type in allocate memory or even just memory...You'll find better answers than myself....
I'm trying guys!!

Trash Man
Old 07-18-2000, 12:51 AM

Hi Cigari:
You need to close the program, then go to the finder, inside the Digi folder, highlight the PTLE program(don't open it) then select 'Get Info" or type Command- I and a window will come up on screen. Then you go to "Memory" part of theat window ( on different mac OS it will be chosen differently) and there you will be able to enter values for minimum size and preferred size. This should be covered in the manual but basically that is it. I forget the amount you should choose but it is dependent on how much RAM you have. Good Luck..
Regards,
Bruce
Old 07-18-2000, 10:19 AM

Memory Allocation should be done for the preferred size however the minimum size should not be changed. If you're not sure if you changed the minimum size or not you can highlight the minimum size type "0" and "enter" and the default with return. You do want to change the preferred size. For the DAE it can be anywhere from 35Mb to 80Mb depending on the amount of plug ins you have. The Pro Tools preferred size can be anywhere from 35Mb to 50Mb, not much more is needed in my opinion.
Old 07-18-2000, 03:32 PM

The Digi folder (and the Digi application) is in the Extensions folder of the system (Macintosh HD) drive. The Pro Tools app should be in the applications folder on the same drive unless it was installed in it's own folder under "Macintosh HD".
Old 07-18-2000, 07:53 PM

Thanx guys I got it.
My mistake was to try to find the memory allocation menu over a shortcut(alias) of PT.