Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2000, 07:18 PM

Default V. 2.2 crashing with G4

I've just upgraded to MLCD 2.2 from 2.01 and when I try to boot up MLCD, my G4 freezes. It was ok with v. 2.0.1. I have a stripped down version of my system configured with extensions manager and have removed the Toast CD reader. Any ideas?? I didn't have to use the stripped version of the system with v. 2.0.1-- I'm stuck. Thanks in advance for any help out there.
BruceB
Old 06-24-2000, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Default Re: V. 2.2 crashing with G4

I'm not a tech, so this may or may not be useful. There are a number of technical notes on the MLCD 2.2 download page at http://www.digidesign.com/download/mlcd.html
You may need to install a newer version of USB Floppy Enabler and/or DAE/DSI in order for to use MLCD 2.2 on a G4. (you at least need DAE/DSI 5.0 on a G4)

Hope this helps.

------------------
Bruce Paine
eMarketing
Old 06-24-2000, 07:47 PM

Thanks Bruce,
I have the larest USB floppy enabler and DAE/init 5.0 on my system.Now, when I tried MLCD today, it didn't freeze(I don't know why, everything is the same as yesterday...?), but.. when it asked for the authorization floppy, I inserted it and the window never left.. the program did not register that I had put the floppy in. When I clicked 'Cancel" in the window , there was the icon for the authorization floppy on the desktop which tells me the floppy drive is working ok. It is just that MLCD doesn't know that I have put it in. Ok, I am going to the site to check all the notes on MLCD 2.2- I have checked all the ones that came with it, maybe there is something different there. Thanks and please post here again if you have any insights.
Regards,
BruceB
Old 06-28-2000, 01:00 PM
Avid

If you are still having problems authorizing the MLCD application with an Imation SuperDisk, make sure you have version 3.3a of the USB SuperDiskClass Driver and USB SuperDiskUT Driver extensions in your System Folder>Extensions folder. http://www.superdisk.com/sc/sc_dl_um.html#1

If you are working with a customized extension set, revert to a Mac OS base+DSI+Super Disk set and try it again.

Make sure that you do not boot the computer with the disk inserted in the drive since it will disable the USB Floppy Enabler extension.

After the computer boots up, try hot swapping the drive (without the disk inserted) to another available USB port. In addition, connect the drive directly to the computer and not through a USB hub.

Brent