Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2003, 06:54 AM

Default 002 first song - Revised Drums for my first drum tracking session

All,
I have posted this before last week I think it was. I have now revised the drums, ridin the tom tracks, and tried to really level out things. It is almost there. I think that the levels are pretty good, maybe a little more snare in some parts. It sound great on the home system, and in the car. Volume levels were loud and the Waves Mastering helped ALOT! Some have heard the last take, this is the final drum take. The panning is pretty good. Toms are sounding good to. I put a TrueVerb on all drum tracks but the kick. Sounded too washy for what I liked. So I grouped all but the Kick and bussed it out to a Stereo Aux once I had the levels right. Added the verb and just gave it a hint of some room. Panned the Aux hard left and right and got the separation that I was after. Brought the bass up a little and used the ducking effect (Thanks again Chris) on the kick and bass track. Worked like a champ. Added the L2, Dither and an EQ on the Master and some other effects on some tracks. Enough drawn out explanation. Let me know what you guys think. First song ever recorded on the Digi002, or anything for me for that matter!
IT IS ALMOST DONE!!!!

http://members.cox.net/andrewsintel/...lmostFinal.mp3

Song written for Astride Kirchherr
http://www.center-of-beat.com/content.php/en/ak/ak

Thanks

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 05-23-2003, 12:10 AM

Default Re: 002 first song - Revised Drums for my first drum tracking session

Nobody with more ideas?

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE