Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2017, 08:52 AM

Default Importing audio extends the audio clip (I checked sample rate)

Hey everyone,

When I import audio clips from ableton into protools they get slightly longer. Everything is 44/24, and I've googled for hours and cannot figure out the problem. When I import into logic everything looks fine.

I made a new session and took a screenshot to explain my process:

Bounced a clip from ableton in 44/24, 115 bpm.
Set PT session to 44/24 and 115 bpm.
Imported on two different tracks, one in samples one in ticks.

here is timeline: pic
Here is import settings: pic

I know there can be minute differences in bpm between DAWs but this is just too much. Seems like there's a box somewhere i didn't tick.

Just to be clear, this seems like an audio problem. When I export the file, it's longer than the original (and occupies more disk-space)

I can make the clips fit the grid with elastic audio turned on, but i'd rather not warp my track, and it has a hard time detecting some the less transient tracks in my session.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:15 PM

Question Re: Importing audio extends the audio clip (I checked sample rate)

Page 1112 of the Reference Guide. "Auto Match Pull Factors". Could this setting in your session be causing the problem?