Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2014, 12:18 PM

Default iLok Error?

Folks: Hello and thanks for the forum availability. I purchased Media Composer a while back an it came with Pro Tools 10. At the time Iw as in the midst of a project and never had time to install Pro Tools. Now when I install it (1) the install asks if I want to install a security program for dongle authorization (the program came with no dongle), and more urgently, when I double-click the Pro Tools 10 exe icon, I get the following error -

ERROR, missing iLok authorization for "Pro Tools 10." Please insert the necessary iLok and restart Pro Tools.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tom
Old 01-07-2014, 12:22 PM

Default Re: iLok Error?

Did a quick search and found similar issues - THEN checked and yes, I DO have an iLok dongle. It was installed and illuminated blue, so I "assume" it was working properly..?

So, again, any thoughts or suggestions?

Tom
Old 01-07-2014, 01:55 PM

So is there a Pro Tools license asset on this iLok dongle? (look at it with the iLok license manager)? Did the iLok come preinstalled with a license or were you supposed to register your software, obtain a license and then download that to your iLok? Start by finding the paperwork that came with your purchase that tells you exactly what to do.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:06 PM

You might have to register your copy of PT 10 on the Avid website and after that you will get the ilok license deposited into your ilok account. Activate the license and put it into your ilok key and then you should be up and running. Start by checking the registration, then download the ILM at www.ilok.com and make sure your ilok key is registered in your ilok account so you can activate PT on your ilok key.

Post back with the info we need in order to help you get going with PT.

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-07-2014, 02:41 PM

Thanks for the info an suggestions. Will try these and get back. Tom
Old 01-08-2014, 09:46 AM

Gents: So I downloaded the iLok Manager for Windows 64-bit. When I go to install it, I get the following error message -

Installshield Wizard Complete
The wizard was interrupted before PACE License Support Win64 could be completely installed.

Tried the 32-bit version but it, of course, tells me it cannot be installed on 64-bit systems...
Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Huh? So no iLok software was installed before? That won't work. Are you reading/following the Pro Tools installation documentation? There is a whole manual dedicated to just installation.

If there was iLok software installed before did you unisntall it (via add/remove software as described in the iLok License Manager install documentation?) before tryign to install the new license manager? Try uninstalling anything that looks like PACE or iLok. Reboot and try again.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:37 AM

Thanks to your suggestions and prodding it looks like things are running now. I uninstalled the iLok Manager on my system and then deactivated (and REactivated) Pro Tools. That sent me to iLok's website where that install worked and seems to have allowed me to authorize the dongle (now the software doesn't recognize my audio card, but that I can manage).

Thank you for your advice!

Tom