Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 04:33 PM

Default mbox audio drivers- 2apps simultaneously running

As I get myself aquainted with Ableton live, I decided to temporarily keep PTLE out of the picture to help me focus on Live. I can't wait to get past this point and use the power of both! I use soundforge to edit samples from time to time, and I would like to have both soundforge and ableton live applications open at the same time with the audio preferences sent to my mbox, then monitors....with no kinks. Once the two have been opened, and whichever was opened last, won't let me play the sample. All I want to do is have both Live and soundforge opened at the same time, toggle between the two to edit and then sequence samples while listening through my mbox. The driver won't let me play soundforge if live was opened first. I had this problem with PTLE and Soundforge, so I just decided to edit everything in Pro Tools.

Is there a way around the mbox driver keeping me from switching between live and soundforge? It seems like I should be able to switch between apps to play and edit samples without having to close one of them and re-open later. I'm not even trying to listen to both programs simultaneously, soundblaster can even do that.
Any ideas?
glu