Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2008, 06:54 PM

Default Re: How long untill protools LE can run on leopard?

The list keep growing. I wonder why?

http://www.apple.com/logicstudio/spotlight/

www.stratfordtownstudios.com
[email protected]
Old 05-21-2008, 07:07 PM

reminds me of the list of albums that were mix on a Mackie, that was floating around about 10 years ago

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 05-21-2008, 07:23 PM

Quote:
[
the fact of the matter is that apple rushed out a buggy OS that screwed the developers and the users.
are you a developer? Tell me what software or OS is without bugs and I'll use it forever without updating!
My rig runs flawlesslyon Leopard, with less DAE errors than my Tiger based system. And as far as OSes go, I think that Leopard is the least of the evils out there (think vista).
Old 05-21-2008, 08:49 PM

Quote:
You still don't get it. I have the MP3 Export option and Digitranslator. What I am saying it that Sh....t should be included by default. These basic features should be included by default.
You don't get it. Digidesign has to pay a fee for each license of the Fraunhofer MP3 codec they give out. If they're going to include that with every system someone's going to have to pay for it...why not just make the people who will use it pay for it? Not everyone uses it. I don't...I mix down to a 24-bit WAV file and on those occasions where I need MP3 I just use iTunes. And Digitranslator...I'm not saying that they shouldn't include that functionality, but why should they?

Quote:
as far as $2000 worth of plugin, I could make my own bundle and said it is work $5,0000. Dude my waves native Bundle has more bang for the bucks than digi's $2000 worth of plugin and I only paid $395. When was the last time you seen a mixing engineer using digi's plugins to do stuff. Everyone I know use Waves and others because of the quality.
Which Waves bundle is that that has a reverb that's better than TL Space and a compressor that's better than Smack? Either they have a new bundle out that I'm not aware of, or you hear things very differently than I do...

Quote:
Do me a favor look at the sites for Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Cakewalk Sonar and Digital Performer and ask yourself the questions as to why you are paying an extra $495 for what it included in other products.
Because they don't include Pro Tools. They have to offer more features to compete. And because you paid less for the software in the first place since it came bundled with the hardware.

Quote:
the thing that troubles me most is that, what if apple is delaying the 10.5.3 release as it seems to me that they are getting more and more customers for logic? i mean, update of logic before the os?
Logic sales represent such a small percentage of Apple's profits that it wouldn't even be worth it to them to delay the release. They sell Logic software to sell more of their computers, not the other way around.

Quote:
But some how digi found a way to get the buggy os to work with the top of line PT HD Platform I wonder why?
Because Digidesign's cards do most of the processing with HD systems...didn't we discuss this a few pages back?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
are you a developer? Tell me what software or OS is without bugs and I'll use it forever without updating!
there's no such thing, sorry. theres too many variables from software to user input for the OS to consider that nothing will ever be perfect.

Quote:
My rig runs flawlesslyon Leopard, with less DAE errors than my Tiger based system. And as far as OSes go, I think that Leopard is the least of the evils out there (think vista).
Congrats, seriously. Dont change anything! ;-) My system runs fine on 10.4.11 and I personally see no reason at all to upgrade to Leopard.

There's people I do work for (IT not audio) that are still using OS9 on G3s and G4s. Why? Because it runs their proprietary engineering and print drafting software with its hardware rock solid.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Old 05-21-2008, 11:02 PM

leonardrock&stoneinapond

Quote:
my diarrhea dries up...I've been releasing all day.

Guys...it looks like you have two things in common:diarrhea and lack of hummour.

So I hope your stomac can handle this, because there's only max 9 days until the release

PS: serioasly...be decent. If you can, of course.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:42 PM

from all of this waiting and not using it, i lost my mbox 2 micro...
it has to be somewhere here, damn it....
Old 05-22-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:

"Never install a PT version that's not approved... it will ruin the RAM you have in your computer...."

I caught 2 fish with that bait!
LMAO Happy Fishing... how big where the fish
Old 05-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Avid

Quote:
But some how digi found a way to get the buggy os to work with the top of line PT HD Platform I wonder why?
Because HD is different from LE - there were issues in 10.5.1 that prevented use of LE hardware, but HD would work with some caveats (see the 7.4.1 HD Leopard Read Me on what those are..).
Old 05-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Avid

Just a quick update - well, I don't have anything really *new* to report. We're still working with Apple, testing and evaluating each seed (we're not the only developers in need of fixes) and, hopefully, we'll have something very shortly. That is all contingent on stability and no new issues being introduced.

Hang tight - we're close...