Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2020, 12:15 PM

Default Group Spill Soft Keys

I've set up my VCA groups in the soft keys on page 60 and have keys to

Show Tracks in Group
Hide Tracks in Group
Select Tracks in Group
Hide Inactive Tracks
and Show All Tracks

When I hide the tracks in a group then want to show the tracks in a group, it also shows the inactive tracks. Rather than having to press another key to Hide Inactive Tracks, I added a 2nd command to the Show Tracks in Group key that will hide the inactive tracks. I did this on the Show All Tracks key, and it works like a charm, but on the Show Tracks in Group key I have to press the key a 2nd time to hide the inactive tracks. What would be different about this key than the Show All Tracks key in the way they handle to 2 commands?
Old 03-10-2020, 08:09 AM
Avid

Default Re: Group Spill Soft Keys

It might be to do with the speed at which these difference commands operate. We do want to add a variable delay command in the future that might help.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
It might be to do with the speed at which these difference commands operate. We do want to add a variable delay command in the future that might help.
Sorry Eddie, I don't think it has anything to do with speed. On the Show All Tracks key, the sequence EuCon>Navigation>Track>Show All Tracks followed by EuCon> Navigation>Tracks> Hide Inactive Tracks
executes both commands within 2 seconds. On the Show Tracks in Group key, the command is EuCon> Groups>Show Only Tracks in Group followed by [I]Eucon>Navigation>Tracks>Hide Inactive Tracks[/I].

The problem is the 2nd command never executes unless I press the Show Tracks in Group a 2nd time. The Show Tracks in Group key continues to blink until I press it again. The Show All Tracks key does not blink
Old 03-10-2020, 10:01 AM
Avid

I think the second command fires off before the first has finished
Old 03-10-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
I think the second command fires off before the first has finished
Why then doesn't it do that on the Show All Tracks key?
Old 03-11-2020, 07:02 AM

Upon reflection, I guess the proper way to do this would be to remove the inactive tracks from the group.

Duh!