Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Does lighbridge support more than 18IO with PTMP?

Quote:
WARNING!!
This 32 inputs recording thing does NOT work for me.
I bought a Profire Lightbridge yesterday the basis of having read this thread. I have MP 7.3.1cs3 installed.
You can indeed "see" all 32 ins and outs from the Lightbridge listed as available AND you can assign them to ins and outs AND you put them in record.
The problem is only the 1st 18 inputs will actually input audio.
I was using my Mackie SDR standalone 24 track as a source with audio playing on all channels and only the 1st 18 tracks actually appeared in Protools on the meters.

Does anyone have a different experience to this - I would LOVE it to work..... but as far as I can see....... it doesn't.

milestone, as you can read in the above posts, it only works with 7.3.1cs1 and cs2.
try that one!

please report back if it works!!

www.audio-machinery.com
Old 08-04-2007, 05:45 AM

OK! It works!!!!!!! I have 32 ins on a Firewire LightBridge with PTMP 7.3cs1

I've uninstalled 7.3.1cs3 and then installed the original version of 7.3 that I have which shows as 7.3cs1 (so I suppose thats 7.3.0cs1 really) and all 32 ins are live now. I've connected 3 x MOTU 8pre units (to 1-8, 9-16 and 25-32) and plugged an ipod into random tracks with all 32 in record, and they seem to all seem to be there. I've not tried a multitrack of all tracks at once yet, but I will.

I may try to update to 7.3.1cs2 at some point - I've downloaded it - but not right now. I now know 7.3cs1 works.

Do we keep quite about this or do we shout "DIGIDESIGN WE WANT THIS - SUPPORT IT" from the rooftops??
Old 08-04-2007, 12:04 PM

Yes Digidesign, please, you have only sold more because of this and I do not believe anyone who has the money will skip buying HD cause they can get P-Powered for less..
Old 08-05-2007, 10:50 PM

thought i'd use my 100th post to bring this up top!!! its important!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
All I can say is wow!! Is this only on Macs??

A buddy of mine was just lamenting the lack of i/o's in his PT setup. He's on Mac so it's great for him (if it's platform dependant) but I'm on PC.

Apparently, this is only for Macs. At least that has been my experience so far. I just got a Lightbridge and hooked it up to my HP laptop (XP) running M-powered 7.3.1. I can not get the software to got past 18 inputs. I can record 26 tracks (I only have 26 channels of converters) using the same signal chain and Adobe Audition, so I do not think it is the hardware. Of course, I am new to Lightbridge and certainly not an expert in PT, but so far I have not been able to get past the 18IO limit.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:56 AM

go to your IO settings in both pro tools and the lightbride config and make sure they are all enabled...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:10 AM

Quote:
go to your IO settings in both pro tools and the lightbride config and make sure they are all enabled...
Thanks for the advice. However, i do not think that is it, but maybe i am missing something.

Here are the specifics:
Laptop: HP nv9440 with 2GB RAM running PT M-powered 7.3.1, connected to a Lightbridge.
(The m-powered application in the programs folder shows a date of 1/9/2007, indicated pre cs updates.)

Lightbridge control panel shows coaxial in and ADAT 1,2,3 “active” (blues squares), “ADAT channels first” is set. Lights on the front panel of the Lightbridge indicate that there is activity on ADATs 1,2,3 (I do not have number 4 hooked up). Sample rate is 44.1.

PT I/O setup window shows all 34 inputs and all 34 have a check mark in the “active” column.

The track interface selection popup shows the first 26 channels in bold, channels 27-34 are not in bold (expected as only the first 26 are assigned to tracks). I can set all 26 tracks to “record” (red button), but only the first 18 show activity on the meters and only the first 18 produce “waves” when recording takes place. (That the first 18 tracks show activity also indicates that the Lightbridge is “providing” PT with signal on from ADAT inputs 1,2,3; given that “ADAT channels first” is set.)

Any ideas??
Old 08-07-2007, 10:29 AM

bummer....
Old 08-07-2007, 10:51 AM

great to see so much response here...!

www.audio-machinery.com
Old 08-08-2007, 08:39 AM

OK, I'm buyin', after all these threads I made my decision:

PT M-Powered + Lightbridge + SSL XlogicAlphalinkAX for total of 24 in/outs + Mackie 24/8 analog mixing console.

In all : arround 5000 euros gear and flexibility of portable studio for live recording and mixing with 24 I/O directly to MacBook Pro

Someone comment ?
RME DigiFace USB
Apogee Rosetta 200