Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Dual Monitors or Single Button?

Am looking to upgrade to a new computer. Have always known when I do this I would go to two monitors, because of everything I hear here and elsewhere. Have just started using a Command|8, however, which has buttons for quickly switching from mix to edit and back. I'm having a hard time coming up with a reason for two monitors when it's so easy to switch back and forth, but I bet I'm missing something. For those of you with two, what is the advantage of being able to see both at once...when is that useful/important? I'm thinking of spending the money on one large widescreen panel which would show more of both...
I'm sure someone will tell me what I'm missing in my thinking here. Or not...?
Thanx.
grae
Old 05-15-2006, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Dual Monitors or Single Button?

hey

I have dual monitors on my desktop which i don't use for recording anymore cuz my laptop is more powerful but that only has 1 screen, so that's what i've been using now.

and the thing is that when I was using the dual monitors i always said to myself that there is no going back now. it's nice having the mix window on one screen and the edit window on the other and if your not only using it for recording you can have an internet browser on one screen while you can have windows media player and aol instant messanger on the other.

then i started using my laptop and it was a little annoying at first with the one screen when it came to pro tools, but slowly I got more used to it and liked how the laptop screen was widescreen this way when you are in the mix window you can see more faders or in the edit window you can see more of the regions.

So if I were you I think i would go for a bigger widescreen monitors, instead of dual monitors.

hope this helps

-matt