Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2024, 06:01 PM

Default Re: M-Audio Midi Driver Removal / PT 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
All you Mulligan users need to be contacting reFuse Software to get them to implement Eucon into their Translator software.
That isn't allowed by the Eucon developer license.
Software developers can implement Eucon where Eucon can control their software.
Software developers cannot create software that controls Eucon (no hardware or software/translator devices.)
Old 04-22-2024, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticmike View Post
It is a simple driver compared to EUCON, with baked in DAW control cues that can be easily accessed without needing a EUCON certified controller, such as the Behringer X-Touch Mini, which has become my go to hands on mixing device due to it's size and flexibility with Mulligan.

I used to own both the original silver non- and black Avid Artist Mix and didn't like it due to it's size.

All other DAWs are capable to use any midi-device to control the DAW and customize each command to the desired buttons / pots.

Tell me why Avid hasn't been able in 10 years to implement this? So that I can pick any midi device of my choosing to control the DAW? I need to work very fast and don't have the time to switch between either a huge controller or mouse and keyboard, it needs to be seamless and the X-Touch Mini allows me to do that. Avid doesn't offer anything at this size and functionality.

Furthermore, Avids updated DAW engine has been out for a while now and so far, I haven't encountered any issues using both protocols at the same time. It's just a very odd removal.

Why should the Dev care when Avid all of a sudden decides to remove the driver?

My guess is, in case Avid is actually right about functionality issues, that they haven't revised their midi integration for more than 10 years and simply use the I/O of the M-Audio Driver to add their new midi effect plugins feature.... Which would be regardless pathetic display when it comes to updating their DAW feature set.

The point is to use non-EUCON devices....
Your point is for Avid to work on some old, hacked driver that someone else makes a profit off and not EUCON....OK
Old 04-22-2024, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postsoundman View Post
Your point is for Avid to work on some old, hacked driver that someone else makes a profit off and not EUCON....OK
A Developer who finally found / offers a solution many Pro Tools users had asked for desperately, which Avid themselves failed to deliver for the past 10+ years now, at a reasonable price.... That's what you call profiting off of Avid?

And even he was willing to he can't, as BScout stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
That isn't allowed by the Eucon developer license.
Software developers can implement Eucon where Eucon can control their software.
Software developers cannot create software that controls Eucon (no hardware or software/translator devices.)
Old 04-22-2024, 08:31 PM

Quote:
A Developer who finally found / offers a solution many Pro Tools users had asked for desperately, which Avid themselves failed to deliver for the past 10+ years now, at a reasonable price.... That's what you call profiting off of Avid?

Not what I said. I want Avid to support the investment I made with Avid not support the investment you made with a 3rd party. My controller does everything and more. From what I saw Mariana post it looked like it was getting in the way of other stuff and causing issues (like what I already found out about the HUI driver meters and EUCON) How do you know that they weren't spending time on keeping it going already and it got too much work, was to old code for the new stuff...we don't!
Old 04-23-2024, 07:57 AM

Quote:

THIS is the main point of this whole discussion. For $500/yr, give us a fully-functioning DAW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Producer//Mixer//Bassist//Composer

benrubin.com

------------
PT Ultimate 2024.3, Mac Studio M1 Max, 64Gb RAM, Mac OSX 13.6.4, SSD sample drive,
Neve 8816, HD Native Thunderbolt, (2) Lynx Aurora 16, Benchmark DAC-1/ADC-1
Old 04-23-2024, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Cha_Cha View Post
THIS is the main point of this whole discussion. For $500/yr, give us a fully-functioning DAW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PT does have this functionality. It's just not in the way you want it. Other DAW's decided to support cheap MIDI knobs and not make world class Control Surfaces. (Well Steinberg tried and failed, probably because it takes a lot of time and resources). Anyway...back to mixing on my S1's/Dock which BTW I'm very happy with.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:10 AM

Quote:
My controller does everything and more
Sorry if I missed it earlier in this thread – which controller is that?
Old 04-23-2024, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh Marble View Post
Sorry if I missed it earlier in this thread – which controller is that?
S1 and Dock.
Old 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM

Quote:
S1 and Dock.
S1 is too big for me and secondly, but that's just my opinion, way too expensive for what it does.

I'm really happy with my Behringer X-Touch Mini, I can tuck it away above my keyboard and use it easily by reaching above.

The other, less quality option, which also has HUI support, would be the Nanokontrol2 but then again, you can either use it as a DAW controller or plugin parameter access. With Mulligan I was able to do both, control plugins and the DAW.

I'll stick with 2023.12.1 as long as I can now.